Effect not rendered correctly
Hello everyone and forgive me by advance because i'm gonna talk about something that has been dealt with but I think there is more to it so please read.

The problem lies withing EVERY GAME and is an essential part of graphics in all PS2 games, and hasn't been rendered correctly by PCSX2 since the beginning.

Personally I'd love to be able to benefit from this in Final fantasy X and XII games, in Burnout 3 or in Shadow of the Colossus...

I'm talking about the effect that looks like a misplaced transparent copy of some objects and makes everything look bad, and can be bypassed by setting skipdraw to 1.

It actually looks very bad, but that's because it shouldn't look like it. instead of being a transparent copy of things, it should be a blurry, bleeding transparent gloom around objects and we can see what it looks like by watching the tutorial at the beginning of Burnout 3 or playing on a real PS2... But I'd really like it if a developer would try to fix this instead of bypassing it with skipdraw.

Thanks

here are ingame captures so you can see how it looks like on the original PS2 (muscle car) and on the PC with software rendered, then Direct3D11 with and without skipdraw (super car)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Moving to general support.
This is motion blur, and my guess is that it uses multiple copies of the same screen to create the blur. This will look good on 1x IR or the original hardware, but with higher resolutions than the game was intended for, the "blur" also gets upscaled and thus creates "doublevision". Personally I doubt anything can be done about it, the same thing happens in the Gamecube/Wii emulator Dolphin when you upscale.
Can confirm, same thing happens in just about every emulator. Only hope would be to detect/replace the effects with new ones, but, I don't think anyone's really attempted that on an emulator wide level. It'd be really hard to maintain and probably wouldn't work all that well anyway.
No, the "blur" isn't rendered the same way, something is missing from it, making the edges of the blur to look sharp, but on the original PS2 it looked like there was a translucence radial mask making the far edges of the second copy of object destined to appear as blur... blurry... The problem happens in D3D11 and OPENGL, even when the internal res is set to native, so there are effects applied to this draw that are missing, as well as the ones that make reflection less dull
(11-18-2017, 06:18 PM)Loris Wrote: No, the "blur" isn't rendered the same way, something is missing from it, making the edges of the blur to look sharp, but on the original PS2 it looked like there was a translucence radial mask making the far edges of the second copy of object destined to appear as blur... blurry... The problem happens in D3D11 and OPENGL, even when the internal res is set to native, so there are effects applied to this draw that are missing, as well as the ones that make reflection less dull

I'll just add that Burnout 3 might use the same/a similar motion blur algorithm as Need for Speed Underground (I say that since both games were made at around the same time, and the motion blur looks pretty similar on both games). 
The motion blur on NFS isn't emulated very well either, so setting skipdraw to 1 is required to play it properly, and doing that also removes motion blur altogether just like in this scenario.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.