Effective EE clockspeed
I am trying to get Jak 3 to run at full speed on my computer, however, I am having a problem. It is running at about 30 fps on the opening scene, and no combination of speed hacks is changing that. I did notice that the EE was pegged at 100%, is there a way to effectively clock it higher? My CPU (4.3 Ghz PII) can handle it, as none of my cores are pegged.

Sponsored links

This game runs slowly because of necessary waits for all the PS2 components to sync up.
It just uses the PS2 in a way that is slow to emulate.

You can try and see if the EE timing gamefix makes a difference, as that removes a lot of timing from the EE DMAC at least.
After experimenting with the EE Timing hack, and the Ignore DMAC write hack, and some speed hacks, the most it would go to is 30 frames. I gained 10 frames, but I guess for now Jak 3 is out of the question. Thanks for your help Rama.
the recommended speedhacks might help, like the wait loop detection hack.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I always have that hack enabled, thanks for mentioning it though.
Possibly combine it with a game speed cheat and if you have 30 fps then double the value to get normal speed, dunno if there is a game speed cheat for the game but you should check around since it will do the work you wanna do for sure...
KLM, thanks for trying to help, but as rama pointed out, this game is just done in an emulation-unfriendly way and spends too much time idling and syncing. Those would only really help if my computer was bottle-necking, which it isn't. Plus AI have already tried all of those. Again, thanks for trying to help though.
(06-30-2012, 07:24 PM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: KLM, thanks for trying to help, but as rama pointed out, this game is just done in an emulation-unfriendly way and spends too much time idling and syncing. Those would only really help if my computer was bottle-necking, which it isn't. Plus AI have already tried all of those. Again, thanks for trying to help though.
The thing is that you could eventually speed up all those things and reach a playable speed. Trust me, it COULD work despite any fact at a cost of an effect a bit like frameskipping.
yer i heard when the hd collection came out they had problems changing the Emotion Engine programming to the Cell Broadband Engine because it did lots of syncing and on the hd collection now i get crashes and tons of lag due to poor conversion to ps3 but another thing to point out is that some graphical errors are the same as those on the pcsx2 emulator
I got it to speed up to only 10-15 frames short by switching to revision 5330, and setting the VU stealing to two, and turning on the MTVU hack. That is absolute best I can get it though. Maybe someone with a Sandy Bridge or an Ivy Bridge CPU OCed to 4.5Ghz might be able to get it.

Edit: Still the GSdx texture issues remain.