Emu suggestions ....
(01-04-2014, 03:49 PM)dutch_coffee Wrote: Making pcsx2 64 bit doesn't make much sense i guess.. it would only make sense if it would need more than 4gb ram.

And yeah those 60fps 'mods' from PPSSPP are awesome.. runs a lot smoother.

Plus there's patches if it does need More than 4gb
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS

Sponsored links

Suggestion: New fast boot

jesalvein explained to me how fast boot works(not in depth).

Why doesn't it instead:
boot the full bios, without displaying the graphics, with frame limit off?

I know that apparently with full bios booting PCSX2 is not region free. Maybe this is why not?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
We actually tried something to that effect, Blyss.
We wanted to run the init code but severely hacked up to skip anything that takes time.
Turned out that wasn't so easily done or something, so we didn't implement it Tongue2
(01-04-2014, 05:07 PM)refraction Wrote: yeh 64bit brings nothing to the table for us, except extra work.

I still remember when there was hope. Tongue
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Quote:The VU recompiler (code named SuperVU) is by far the most complex and fastest. Anyone who wants to keep their sanity should stay away from it.

Oh, the irony xD

Seriously though: On a thorough second look at the given constraints for PS2 emulation and PCSX2 in general, we concluded
that x64 performance could be worse than x86. It could run better than expected of course, but a speedup wasn't guaranteed anymore.
So with that in mind we concluded that x86 is the more logical choice.

Now, of course all PCSX2 devs would love to at least try their hand on going 64bit but the code base to convert is enormous.
We're looking at countless work hours, more bugs, and a weak promise that something might run better.
(01-06-2014, 08:55 PM)rama Wrote: Oh, the irony xD

Seriously though: On a thorough second look at the given constraints for PS2 emulation and PCSX2 in general, we concluded
that x64 performance could be worse than x86. It could run better than expected of course, but a speedup wasn't guaranteed anymore.
So with that in mind we concluded that x86 is the more logical choice.

Now, of course all PCSX2 devs would love to at least try their hand on going 64bit but the code base to convert is enormous.
We're looking at countless work hours, more bugs, and a weak promise that something might run better.

Is it harder than optimising pcsx2 for 4 cores without mtvu hack?
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

I'm not a master of PCSX2 source by any means. But I think the biggest problem would be making sure the threads synced. Race conditions are a big problem with multithreading anyway, and doubly so in a system that relies on timing.

(01-06-2014, 05:50 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: Plus there's patches if it does need More than 4gb

That only affects virtual memory AFAIK and increases the vmem limit from 2gb to 4gb.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Efficiently using more threads is something we just have no idea how to do.
MTVU was the maximum extend of further threading PCSX2 out and it's already a hack
that breaks a few games.
We couldn't think of anything else anymore so yea, you could call it "hard" when it's just not possible Tongue2
(01-06-2014, 06:54 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Suggestion: New fast boot
jesalvein explained to me how fast boot works(not in depth).
Why doesn't it instead:
boot the full bios, without displaying the graphics, with frame limit off?
I know that apparently with full bios booting PCSX2 is not region free. Maybe this is why not?

There are a few games that break with 'Full Boot' (they won't boot at all) so I'm curious as to why there's a need for a new 'Fast Boot'. What is the goal of this option? The existing Fast Boot seems to work fine, so what functionality/benefit will this 'new' Fast Boot option provide?
(01-13-2014, 03:25 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: There are a few games that break with 'Full Boot' (they won't boot at all) so I'm curious as to why there's a need for a new 'Fast Boot'. What is the goal of this option? The existing Fast Boot seems to work fine, so what functionality/benefit will this 'new' Fast Boot option provide?

There are a few games that break with Fast Boot. And Fast Boot doesn't apply language selection, so people with MULTI 5 games can't select their language.