Emu suggestions ....
I would love to see TAS features.
TAS would include: Re-Recording, Speed up and Speed down function, possible memory reader built on.
If you need more idea's on what TAS should have, go see there site and look under about.
http://tasvideos.org
I am sure the TAS'ers would love to see a working TAS emulator Laugh
[Image: PCSX2.jpg]

Sponsored links

(07-11-2010, 01:32 AM)rama Wrote: What is the bug there? You are free to select any game disc you want as a source, but obviously only the correct one will work.

That's just it, it only sees the "correct" one, it doesn't see there's another one in the tray (which is what is supposed to happen) it should have seen and loaded the one I sellected, not the MR3 disc

a minor edit here: I was trying to generate monster data, where you need to swap the disc with another one. that specifically is what is not working
If possible, please add the feature which will tell the user what files of eg. ISO or DVD are currently being accessed/loaded.
(eg. a message from the emulator telling us that it is/has loaded 'system.cnf'.. then next it is loading the 'SLUS_354.83' file..) .. etc

i was hoping for this feature to help with disk/iso rebuilding/patching, or testing when a crash occurs (ie. you could see which file was being accessed/loaded when crash occurs), etc...

best wishes
(09-12-2010, 04:18 AM)jimmy page Wrote: (ie. you could see which file was being accessed/loaded when crash occurs), etc...

It doesn't give you that much info but it's certainly useful(at least to me).Did you tried to enable Mist=>Show Console and Print CDVD info.
some games display that data, but not many
Here is my suggestion:

first, u guys are awesome. All the pcs2 staff. You know what would make you guys even more awesome, if you started working on getting the pcsx2 to use 3 threads instead of 2, or even 4 Wink

That way, my 4 cores/8 threads would be more useful xD
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
(09-12-2010, 04:18 AM)jimmy page Wrote: If possible, please add the feature which will tell the user what files of eg. ISO or DVD are currently being accessed/loaded.
(eg. a message from the emulator telling us that it is/has loaded 'system.cnf'.. then next it is loading the 'SLUS_354.83' file..) .. etc

i was hoping for this feature to help with disk/iso rebuilding/patching, or testing when a crash occurs (ie. you could see which file was being accessed/loaded when crash occurs), etc...

best wishes

I assume you would also want to know which files the game itself is accessing, and not just the SYSTEM.CNF and SLUS file (ELF file) that PCSX2 accesses directly. For that, PCSX2 would need high-level kernel hooks to intercept the file system accesses. Its probably doable, but it may also be somewhat game-specific, if its a module that games typically replace/upgrade.

But yea, its not a trivial thing since it requires high level emulation hooks.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Why not restore the status of Interlacing in the window title of GSdx in PCSX2 0.9.7? As PCSX2 0.9.6 did, I consecutively press F5 or Shift+F5 to find out the best Interlacing options to suppress existed image shacking or blurry in game, then jot down the Interlacing option from window title, set the Interlacing option to GSdx next time before playing the same game.

In 0.9.7 beta r3878, Typical window title of GSdx doesn't show the Interlacing setting.
Quote:GS | Interlaced (frame) | Limiter: Normal | fps:59.94 | EE: 31% | GS: 4% | UI: 0% | State 0
GS | Interlaced (field) | Limiter: Normal | fps:59.94 | EE: 43% | GS: 3% | UI: 0% | State 0

In 0.9.6 r2186, Typical window title of GSdx shows the Interlacing setting.
Quote:6304 | 640 x 448 | 59.93 fps(99%) | Interlaced (frame) - Blend bff | 4:3 | 0/1633/70 | 19% CPU | 0.00 | 0.00 | State 0
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
1. Menu option: Copy configuration info to clipboard. First option: as readable text. This would replace the need to manually do screenshots of all config windows and thus make it easier to help people at the board, or even help communicate a useful configuration for a specific game or a config that exhibits a specific bug. It should include info that's available to PCSX2 (PCSX2 version, game/version, plugins used, OS/RAM/CPU/GFX+Driver ver./etc), and also add a plugin API to query plugins for their config info (also as readable text). As an alternative with different approach, instead of creating textual info, automatically take screenshots of all configuration windows (including plugins) and compose them into a single image, all in one click.

2. With GSdx being almost a part of PCSX2 itself, Fix GSdx to include deinterlace info at the title bar (was working on 0.96, broken for some time now). Possibly allow to display info inside the output window, such that it's available while using full screen (most importantly, FPS, and possibly deinterlace mode).

3. Benchmark utility. Allow users to benchmark a specific section of a specific game under a specific configuration on their specific system. An initial approach I had was to load a specific saved state, run without frame limiter for pre-defined duration in PS2-time (possible?), during which record the FPS, say, 5 times/sec, and when it's done display average FPS and standard deviation of it over this time line, maybe with a graph? Smile

4. Add the keyboard shortcuts in tooltips where available (e.g. Frame limiter, save/load state, etc)
(11-01-2010, 10:42 AM)avih Wrote: 1. Menu option: Copy configuration info to clipboard. First option: as readable text. This would replace the need to manually do screenshots of all config windows and thus make it easier to help people at the board, or even help communicate a useful configuration for a specific game or a config that exhibits a specific bug. It should include info that's available to PCSX2 (PCSX2 version, game/version, plugins used, OS/RAM/CPU/GFX+Driver ver./etc), and also add a plugin API to query plugins for their config info (also as readable text). As an alternative with different approach, instead of creating textual info, automatically take screenshots of all configuration windows (including plugins) and compose them into a single image, all in one click.

2. With GSdx being almost a part of PCSX2 itself, Fix GSdx to include deinterlace info at the title bar (was working on 0.96, broken for some time now). Possibly allow to display info inside the output window, such that it's available while using full screen (most importantly, FPS, and possibly deinterlace mode).

3. Benchmark utility. Allow users to benchmark a specific section of a specific game under a specific configuration on their specific system. An initial approach I had was to load a specific saved state, run without frame limiter for pre-defined duration in PS2-time (possible?), during which record the FPS, say, 5 times/sec, and when it's done display average FPS and standard deviation of it over this time line, maybe with a graph? Smile

4. Add the keyboard shortcuts in tooltips where available (e.g. Frame limiter, save/load state, etc)

1) Agreed but I see no problem with people taking 5 screenshots with the included button, it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

2)Deinterlance on the title bar should be fairly simple but not sure if it is with the new plugin API (0.9.6 was using the old one). Displaying info inside the window is complicated and needs work, there were attempts but is NOT as simple as it might seem.

3)I can't see how the coding team can help with that. Users have already done this quite successfully with the FFX-2 benchmark thread (check hardware forum). PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator, adding graph functions and such to it for benchmarking is quite a stretch from the project's purpose.

4)Easily done, although already noted in the guide I guess we could add it to the tooltips too.
[Image: newsig.jpg]