Emu suggestions ....
so at first we need to know any unique memoryID by what we can determine any ingame event.I am pointing at trainer or cheat code.How do they know ingame element?I believe there are/is some/one way to trace user's ingame events without knowing source,I dont know how.But someone will know.Biggrin
If this part is solvable,then next part seems easy for me.Meaning that "getting the information and process it and send correct trophy image/text/other data" But how this gained image/text/other data sent from server will be used by pcsx2,i dont know.Any idea?
@Bositman,I will be happy to draw a web shape of pcsx2.TongueTongue

Sponsored links

Hacking up one game to recognize material for 10 trophies will take about a week of our time.
There's like 3000 ps2 games.
See where this is going?
OMG!
How about this approach.There will be a backend application which will constantly/periodically monitor memory card.I am sure that there are something written on "save game file" such 10000 orb,temple of oracle,156 combo etc.We can collect that information and send server to process and hit back user for trophy.Though,user will not get trophy just after finishing an event but he can get the trophy after save game.There is also a bottleneck that,if a user save game via pcsx2(savestate),then he may complete the game but will not get any trophy unless he save in normal mode(ps2).Hmm it will not look like ps3's trophy but will look like pcsx2's trophy,not bad,I think.
(09-15-2011, 02:16 PM)mistic_cave Wrote: OMG!
How about this approach.There will be a backend application which will constantly/periodically monitor memory card.I am sure that there are something written on "save game file" such 10000 orb,temple of oracle,156 combo etc.We can collect that information and send server to process and hit back user for trophy.Though,user will not get trophy just after finishing an event but he can get the trophy after save game.There is also a bottleneck that,if a user save game via pcsx2(savestate),then he may complete the game but will not get any trophy unless he save in normal mode(ps2).Hmm it will not look like ps3's trophy but will look like pcsx2's trophy,not bad,I think.

This approach would be inefficient as the server would have to constantly send information to every client running PCSX2. A better way would be to have PCSX2 monitor the state of the game or memory card, make sure that no hacks were used to obtain that trophy, and then send information to the server to get the trophy for that event. However, that's not the main problem. Every game has a different set of trophy-worthy events that are stored in memory at different locations. Each game would have to be individually studied to find the location in memory where these events are stored. That is an enormous task, and unless the entire community wanted trophies, it probably won't get enough support to be a worthy project.
@Purkinje,great point thanks.Ya it is a time consuming task.But not every game need this,dont it?Just making it for popular game or such,would be nice.Your suggestion is more bandwidth efficient,thanks.But keep in mind that this feature can not be necessary be pcsx2.net exclusive.Here is the trick.say there are 5 trusted server on which this trophy addon script is enabled.Users will setup
OSN(open pcsx2 network) as one of those five server.While uploading the mem card stats on server,pcsx2 will be waiting for specific server load percentage.If server load is good,then mem card stats will be uploaded to user's CP.If server load is bad,it will upload another time.If there are constantly many failure due to server load,then it will tell users to setup OSN with another among five.This policy will keep gamers in bond(with trusted server restriction) and give flexibility to bandwidth and satisfaction.
(09-15-2011, 02:16 PM)mistic_cave Wrote: I am sure that there are something written on "save game file" such 10000 orb,temple of oracle,156 combo etc.

that doesnt work the way you think it does.

how about you learn at least a little of how things work, then you can come up with some partially competent idea's that wouldnt take more work then the emu has.
[Image: 1816969.png]
(09-15-2011, 06:29 PM)mistic_cave Wrote: @Purkinje,great point thanks.Ya it is a time consuming task.But not every game need this,dont it?Just making it for popular game or such,would be nice.Your suggestion is more bandwidth efficient,thanks.But keep in mind that this feature can not be necessary be pcsx2.net exclusive.Here is the trick.say there are 5 trusted server on which this trophy addon script is enabled.Users will setup
OSN(open pcsx2 network) as one of those five server.While uploading the mem card stats on server,pcsx2 will be waiting for specific server load percentage.If server load is good,then mem card stats will be uploaded to user's CP.If server load is bad,it will upload another time.If there are constantly many failure due to server load,then it will tell users to setup OSN with another among five.This policy will keep gamers in bond(with trusted server restriction) and give flexibility to bandwidth and satisfaction.

I think you have some good ideas, but I also think that implementing them may not be within the scope of this particular project. Creating an emulator for a console and creating a service like what you're describing are two different things. Also, at this point in the emulator's life cycle, I think the current development team would rather work on the emulator itself, rather than divert resources to create a pcsx2 service. I emphasize current because I'm sure the project managers would let you or someone else start working on something like that if someone showed the desire to.

These are just my thoughts. I don't speak at all for anyone involved with developing PCSX2.

mistic_cave:
Games do not work like that at all.
They all manage their progression info differently so you'll never be able to devise one generic way to know
when something happens. Each and every title would have to be custom hacked.
developers please take a look at this thread :

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-hotkey-for-speed-hacks
Ehy guys,I've read some infos in this list http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key
and I've noticed that some games are no more updated...
My suggestion is to make this list editable from pcsx2 forum members to ensure that it will gradually adjurned.What do you think?^^