Emu suggestions ....
1. Option in Settings to Automatically Backup Configurations in Documents folder [with Revision in the Name]
-To prevent ReConfiguring PCSX2 for Every SVN
-To have a backup of Every Builds Configurations for later installation of that build.

2. Option in [First Run Dialog] to Import Settings from Documents Folder and select which revision to import
-To Import Settings that Saved before in the Documents folder Without Changing them and [Just with one click]
-To Prevent Reconfiguring Every Option for Every Version (for Ex.: Bios Folder)

3. Option in the Settings to Automatically Backup Plugins [with Revision in the Name] in the Specified Folder
-To have a Backup of All Plugins in one folder for Later use (Specially for Testing different Versions of Plugin with Different Versions of Emulator)

4. Option in plugin Selector to Switch between Backup Plugins Folder and Original Plugins Folder
-To Easily switch Between Backup Plugins (Old and New Plugins) and Original Plugins (Plugins that have been included in the Emulator Package)

Sponsored links

could u guys implement hotkeys for speed hacks?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-hotkey-for-speed-hacks
Just so you guys know: We're looking at the suggestions and we're considering stuff.
It's just that many of the asked features are essentially already possible, just by using
multiple folders.

I'm personally not too sure if the asked for features are worth all the coding and testing..
(09-15-2011, 02:16 PM)mistic_cave Wrote: I am sure that there are something written on "save game file" such 10000 orb,temple of oracle,156 combo etc.

no, more like 0FF142FE 00002710 <10000 orbs

on another note.. good to hear that you guys are taking these seriously. here's to hoping pcsx2 grows and expands much more than it is now.
1. I noticed Creating Settings in one seperate folder (Documents folder) available for Installer Version but it's not available for Portable Version.
By the fact that it is portable it can have Settings in the parent directory of excution.
This way we could have all the settings in 1folder and get rid of Reconfiguring for other versions.

-for Example: if it started from (PS2Emu\PCSX2 0.9.6\) it could use (PS2Emu\PCSX2-Settings\)

2. I noticed that Some folders are common between Different Versions of PCSX2 and it make a big trouble for reconfiguring all of the emulators (BIOS ; Plugins ; MemoryCards)
Since all of these files are same in different Emulators (between different version of PCSX2) it could be better to have all these folders in a Separate Folder By Default instead of Reconfiguring every Version for those folders.
and if new emulators will be available they could use this structure by default and prevent reconfiguring.

-for Example: (PS2Emu\Common files\ ) for Bios ; Plugin Backups ; MemoryCards & Any new Version will be extracted to (PS2Emu\[PCSX2…]) or any New Emulator can be Extracted to (PS2Emu\[NewEmu]) and use these Common files without reconfiguring.

Since all the SVNs are portable this will happens more (Browsing to Bios Folder and Browsing to Plugins Folder and Browsing to Memory Cards Folder)

-I mean these are extra repeated things that last from the old emulators and i'm sure all the users experienced these.

Folder Structure Example:
.zip   PS2Emu Folder Structure.zip (Size: 6,31 KB / Downloads: 286)
It's been a long time since Save state available in the emulators;
but there isn't any Backup&Restore state for Dangerous Operations to be Recovered on Crashes

1. Create Save State for Dangerous Operations
-To prevent Losing Game Progress if any Crash happens

It would be good to have these Options:
Create Save state before [Some Operations]
for Example: [Pausing Emulator ; Changing Plugins ; Changing Settings ; Closing Emulator]

2. AutoSavestate:
Auomatically save state every [..] Minutes ; seconds (or any defined time)
-To Restore if emulator crash or windows crash happens.
--Don't save state while saving game to memory card to avoid memory card corruption.

There is already a backup operation each time you save a state, that is more than enough. Pausing the emulator and changing settings are not dangerous operations, PCSX2 has never crashed on me doing that. Changing plugins is very unsafe and you should expect a crash, so just save the state yourself Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Quote:Pausing the emulator and changing settings are not dangerous operations
You're talking about now and plugins written now and operating systems we are using now and hardware we are using now; but if development of software stops and there is an incompatibility with one of these (New OS ; New Plugins ; New hardware) happens then what we can do?

So i think it's better to think about that before development stops or these things happens.

Quote:PCSX2 has never crashed on me doing that.

1. i am using PS1 Emulators now and i see these needs in them.
They are written earlier and works correctly up to then and now that there is no support available they're showing their incompatibility with new things.

Some of them are:
-Pausing epsxe with gsdx make a crash
-pausing ssspsx with lilypad and some of the plugins make a crash

2. i have these problems in PCSX2 before:
I could mention some of them:
-toggling fullscreen with some old GSDX make a crash and i lose my game progressSad
-Changing settings of ZeroGS make a crash in Emulator (Even some settings with shortcut key)
-pausing emulator without releasing mouse focus will lose mouse cursor in PCSX2

and i think you can't expect that an emulator to be work fully compatible with all games ; all plugins ; all OSes ; all hardwares
i don't think even real ones work perfectly.

Quote:Changing plugins is very unsafe and you should expect a crash, so just save the state yourself
So if it's unsafe, why it doesn't have anything to make it safe instead of everytime fearing the user or preventing user to do that?

Summary:
--Since this project is under development it should always expect crashes.
--We never know when development stops and how it would be then.
--you never know there is a crash until it happens.
--By using Auto Recovery State you never lose anything.

i don't understand why you don't like it on PCSX2
do you mean losing data is better than recovering?Blink

i don't understand is this suggestion thread or Support thread?Excl
Quote:You're talking about now and plugins written now and operating systems we are using now and hardware we are using now; but if development of software stops and there is an incompatibility with one of these (New OS ; New Plugins ; New hardware) happens then what we can do?

So i think it's better to think about that before development stops or these things happens.
If that ever happens then maybe we can consider it. Using up the developer's free time for something that MIGHT happen in the FUTURE is pretty much a waste.

Quote:2. i have these problems in PCSX2 before:
I could mention some of them:
-toggling fullscreen with some old GSDX make a crash and i lose my game progressSad
-Changing settings of ZeroGS make a crash in Emulator (Even some settings with shortcut key)
-pausing emulator without releasing mouse focus will lose mouse cursor in PCSX2
Again you are talking about ancient, unsupported plugins which you shouldn't be using anyway and if you do, we provide no support for.

Quote:i don't understand why you don't like it on PCSX2
do you mean losing data is better than recovering?

Because you can never predict all cases where the user does stupid things. If the user decides to install new video card drivers when running PCSX2, should we write a function to prevent losing data for that too? If the user gets a virus and his PC shuts down unexpectedly should we also modify PCSX2 for that too?
I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have a program that can do all that, but the effort required versus the user benefit is so bad it is not worth the work.

[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-03-2011, 12:09 AM)-hamid- Wrote: 1. Option in Settings to Automatically Backup Configurations in Documents folder [with Revision in the Name]
-To prevent ReConfiguring PCSX2 for Every SVN
-To have a backup of Every Builds Configurations for later installation of that build.

2. Option in [First Run Dialog] to Import Settings from Documents Folder and select which revision to import
-To Import Settings that Saved before in the Documents folder Without Changing them and [Just with one click]
-To Prevent Reconfiguring Every Option for Every Version (for Ex.: Bios Folder)

3. Option in the Settings to Automatically Backup Plugins [with Revision in the Name] in the Specified Folder
-To have a Backup of All Plugins in one folder for Later use (Specially for Testing different Versions of Plugin with Different Versions of Emulator)

4. Option in plugin Selector to Switch between Backup Plugins Folder and Original Plugins Folder
-To Easily switch Between Backup Plugins (Old and New Plugins) and Original Plugins (Plugins that have been included in the Emulator Package)

Almost all of these have fixes that make it a waste of time to code the stuff...

1. Just copy and paste your old revision's inis folder into the new revision's folder.

2. If you do step 1 when you first open the new revision it will ask if you'd like to load the old configuration.

3.Almost all plugins have the revision at the end of the name so just copy and paste the plugin folder into the new revision or make a new Plugin folder in the Documents area(same folder that the default bios folder is) and it will be the default area that it looks for plugins. Don't forget to copy and paste the new plugins into that folder as well.

4. This one is too much work seeing as the Plugin selector in PCSX2 says what version the plugin is.