Emu suggestions ....
(12-16-2013, 07:03 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Get a modern CPU and a decent GPU. Yours are outdated.

Will this computer work better?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Silver-17.3...m/25139245

Sponsored links

(12-16-2013, 07:23 PM)jamesstuller Wrote: Will this computer work better?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Silver-17.3...m/25139245

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It'll be better yes but it still won't be brilliant. Laptops are not designed for the load PCSX2 puts on the processor. If you want a good speed, get a desktop computer with an i3 or i5 at 3.5Ghz or higher (or overclockable) and a reasonable GPU.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

My specs (linked in my signature) are about 2+ years old but you can build that type of computer far cheaper (and probably with newer parts) for about the price of a 'next gen' console.
(01-02-2014, 03:39 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: My specs (linked in my signature) are about 2+ years old but you can build that type of computer far cheaper (and probably with newer parts) for about the price of a 'next gen' console.

Next-gen is the #1 joke of 2013 lol.. luckily when there will be $600 steam machines the masses can also enjoy the one and only next-gen Tongue
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

I was wondering if it would be possible to run the emulated hardware at a higher frequency than the original?
It only crossed my mind after seeing the difference between 222MHz and 333MHz on WipEout Pulse on my PSP and on PPSSPP (its a jump from 30/40fps to steady 60 with no glitches amazingly - though I know the hardware was designed for it)
Say run the VU,GS or EE slightly faster to get a few more FPS actually getting rendered, would this completely break the timing of the whole emulator, resulting in the same behavior as "turbo" mode with the whole game engine accelerated?
(Is this what VU Cycle stealing already does? if so stop reading, I has the dumb!)
For instance on the PC version of Vice City the renderer can be capped at 25fps to keep the physics in sync, I just wonder if such a cap was implemented on the PS2 version, even though it seems to rarely hit 25fps rendered. (Why don't I just play the PC version? Getting control pad working right is such a pain its hardly worth it and mouse input is crap)
I'd imagine something like this would be stupidly hard to do for little gain (more breaks than anything) I'm just asking if its even possible, not necessarily to implement it Tongue
Another thing, is programming to take advantage of x86-64 too much effort for the gains (if any) it would give?
To be honest, all of the games in my library perform well anyway, only things left are a few visual glitches here and there, I'm running most stuff 6x scaled :Biggrin
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6Ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor @2.1GHz
Faster emulated chip = slower emulation.

If anything we'd want to underclock the CPU, but the problem is the PS2 is horribly timing dependant. People have tried this on the real console and a lot of games stopped working, so it's very difficult to get right. The EE Cycle speedhack kind of does this already, but the actual effect is quite limited depending on how much CPU power (in terms of the PS2's CPU) the game actually needs

Making pcsx2 64 bit doesn't make much sense i guess.. it would only make sense if it would need more than 4gb ram.

And yeah those 60fps 'mods' from PPSSPP are awesome.. runs a lot smoother.
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

yeh 64bit brings nothing to the table for us, except extra work.

Ok, thanks for the replies lads!
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6Ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor @2.1GHz