Emu suggestions ....
Did you know there have been nearly a dozen attempts at another GS plugin already? Smile
Even the dedicated people just can't pull through with it.

Sponsored links

(01-14-2014, 12:10 PM)rama Wrote: Did you know there have been nearly a dozen attempts at another GS plugin already? Smile
Even the dedicated people just can't pull through with it.
the last gsdx improvement seen only in mortal combat sm in which some gliches fixes.
(01-13-2014, 08:55 PM)refraction Wrote: A lot of games try to do effects that aren't directly compatible with directx. Maybe when mantle comes along properly, we could take advantage of it and do it through that, but I won't get anybodies hopes up, it's more of a pipe dream

One issue with Mantle is that it is ATI cards only. You'd be ignoring close to half the potential userbase in order to create a customized separate version. At that rate, you might as well make some CPU-optimized versions for each CPU instead Tongue

I like the idea of Mantle, but having two different companies (Nvidia and ATI) promotes competition rather than monopolitistic stagnation (Microsoft).

I'd sooner that people put more effort into the OpenGL renderer instead of depending solely on DirectX stuff. Not only would it help cross-platform capabilities but it would also be free of a lot of potential minefields in the future due to Windows-specific coding.
I posted this in general discussion a few moments ago, and i was suggested to post it here.

Could it be possible to have multiple hardware presets?

Like F9 changes from hardware mode to software, i was wondering if it was possible to have 2 hardware mode presets so i could change between em. For example F10 changes between your hardware modes/presets (1 has native and the other has x3 native). This would fix 100% of my problems and even remove software mode completely (for me).
(01-17-2014, 01:13 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: One issue with Mantle is that it is ATI cards only. You'd be ignoring close to half the potential userbase in order to create a customized separate version. At that rate, you might as well make some CPU-optimized versions for each CPU instead Tongue

Non-AMD card users can use Direct3D/OpenGL. I don't see any problem. I'm not sure what you mean about versions. PCSX2 uses plugin architecture. You can use a Mantle plugin if your card supports it, otherwise you can use a Direct3D/OpenGL plugin.
I think we will wait for DirectX 12 which is apparently going to do the same thing as Mantle but work on everything, implementing Mantle now would be pointless if that will do the same thing AND work on any card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

But if it's for Windows 9+ only, the user base is probably even less than AMD card users. At least it works on any cards. Smile
We dont know that yet, you're possibly right but microsoft have said nothing Tongue2

there's rumors opengl are doing it too, so that will most likely work on windows 7 and up

If it's Win 7 and up everything is good, but I fear Microsoft has a strong motivation to invent technical difficulties that prevent it.
(03-12-2014, 11:42 PM)rama Wrote: If it's Win 7 and up everything is good, but I fear Microsoft has a strong motivation to invent technical difficulties that prevent it.

I have no doubt in this, just like DX 11.2, no reason at all why windows 7 cant do it, it just doesn't need it because it's just Tile Acceleration ;p