Emulating on strong hardware ---> Better AI ?
I'll tell you why you can't use CPU against CPU:

A Pc thinks as fast as its processor, and if the CPU is designed to think at a certain rate, allowing it to think faster means it reacts differently. Given a CPU knows what another CPU is going to do it's not a reasonable claim to make. You HAVE to have an X factor, in this case a player, to be unpredictable to a CPU, and force it to react to something it cannot predict.

Sponsored links

(03-22-2013, 10:04 PM)Saiki Wrote: I'll tell you why you can't use CPU against CPU:

A Pc thinks as fast as its processor, and if the CPU is designed to think at a certain rate, allowing it to think faster means it reacts differently. Given a CPU knows what another CPU is going to do it's not a reasonable claim to make. You HAVE to have an X factor, in this case a player, to be unpredictable to a CPU, and force it to react to something it cannot predict.

+1 to this.
When you go CPU vs CPU they both read each other and always act the same. Speed doesn't matter here because CPU's will always use the same algorithm.
This is simple to observe. Beat a CPU with melee attacks then blast him with a kamehameha and u will most likely hit, after this attempt try to do the same again and you will see it will not be so easy to pull off again. The CPU has analyzed your tactic.
Funny enough it is true i have spyro dawn of the dragon and on my dads pc the animations and physics are weird and choppy but the speedhacks are off and it does solid 50fps PAL with an AMD Radeon 5600 and an intel duo 2.0 ghz but on my laptop with a NVIDIA 315M with intel i3 2.5ghz it runs at 50 fps PAL but the animations and physics are a lot smoother.
(03-23-2013, 04:59 AM)EmucraZ Wrote: Funny enough it is true i have spyro dawn of the dragon and on my dads pc the animations and physics are weird and choppy but the speedhacks are off and it does solid 50fps PAL with an AMD Radeon 5600 and an intel duo 2.0 ghz but on my laptop with a NVIDIA 315M with intel i3 2.5ghz it runs at 50 fps PAL but the animations and physics are a lot smoother.

you missed the point entirely. it has nothing to do with the pc, except its capability to handle ps2 at real or enhanced speeds
(03-23-2013, 04:59 AM)EmucraZ Wrote: Funny enough it is true i have spyro dawn of the dragon and on my dads pc the animations and physics are weird and choppy but the speedhacks are off and it does solid 50fps PAL with an AMD Radeon 5600 and an intel duo 2.0 ghz but on my laptop with a NVIDIA 315M with intel i3 2.5ghz it runs at 50 fps PAL but the animations and physics are a lot smoother.

That comparison is unfair. Although the framelimiter may be keeping the "average" FPS at 50 FPS, there are micro fluctuations which are the probably cause of that choppiness on the slower machine.

Depending on the level of post processing, the GPUs are fairly less important than the CPU in this case, and the i3 there is not only faster as from more modern architecture (what makes it yet faster clock by clock).

To end the post, that has not much to do with the thread topic directly, anyway.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-22-2013, 09:48 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Oh and more on the initial topic since I have that game as well, I didn't feel IW being harder in any way. O.o And about android psx emu example... ~_~ Touchscreen? Yeah "unplayable" difficulty.Tongue

I think IW was insanely hard but BT1/3 dont feel any different.... To me it seems game specific which would be completely againts most of these given explanations Blink

Budokai 3 was maybe a bit different.

And PSX/Android emu thingy:
[Image: Xperia-Play.jpg]

Controls are really solid and they are not the reason why, note, AI feels incredibly hard.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts