Emulating servers for Monster Hunter?
Hi, this is myfirst post. I would like to ask if there is even a remote chance that the Network play used by Monster Hunter can still be used, by building a fake server (or private server or whatever) so that it can still be playable with other people. I'd love that this would be possible because I've been wanting to try the game with other people but servers closed a while back.

Would it be possible?

Sponsored links

(08-04-2009, 12:31 AM)Zeldrak Wrote: Hi, this is myfirst post. I would like to ask if there is even a remote chance that the Network play used by Monster Hunter can still be used, by building a fake server (or private server or whatever) so that it can still be playable with other people. I'd love that this would be possible because I've been wanting to try the game with other people but servers closed a while back.

Would it be possible?
Im wondering that same question bro, damn japs closing servers down to keep it all for themselves
Possible? Maybe... As long as there were a lot of packets captured BEFORE the servers went down, there would be no reason that a dedicated team of people couldn't recreate a server ALA Star Wars pre-CU... but just like them it could take YEARS to do it, and then there is the added complexity that the game in question would have to be emulated and it makes work a bit difficult.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Hey all,
first post overhere Smile

Sorry for bumping that old topic but just wondering, is there any progress on that?
Would really like to play MHdos online, but sadly the servers have been shut down...

greets
Progress like....? Do you expect the PCSX2 team to get in the server hosting business? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Nono, just wondering if there was any fan or that working on this ^^