Emulation Freezes on Fullscreen
Hello Forum! 

I've been having an issue with the 1.5 release of PCSX2 where Everytime I load up a game it will freeze when on Fullscreen. When I alt tab to bring up the GUI, it will continue running. When in windowed mode, it will run fine. It's only when in fullscreen mode that emulation stops. Any ideas? Should I be doing a fresh install?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(08-12-2018, 01:10 AM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

I7 6700k, HD 7770, 8GB, Windows 10
1.5 Revision 8a4cfe9
I'm using Preset 3
Direct3D11, don't have a picture as I'm away from the computer but everything is mostly on Basic or Auto with 3x resolution
Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts. These are all from ISOs. All games work fine at 100% but will freeze on fullscreen as mentioned above.
Could you try to see if different "Aspect Ratios" settings in gs windows, make any difference?

Also, which gpu driver are you using?
(08-12-2018, 02:30 AM)mirh Wrote: Could you try to see if different "Aspect Ratios" settings in gs windows, make any difference?

I tried it in windowed mode but not sure about fullscreen. I think I have it at detect screen. In GS I'm using Direct3D11 but the computer is running Radeon AMD drivers.
preset 3? Does it do it with no speed hacks enabled?
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(08-12-2018, 02:30 AM)mirh Wrote: Could you try to see if different "Aspect Ratios" settings in gs windows, make any difference?

Ok got around to trying some more. For some reason, setting the aspect ratio to Fit to Window caused the freeze. If I set it to 4:3 or 16:9 it worked as intended. Weird bug, but it works normal now!