Emulation noob here- MGS 2 and 3 run slowly?
Problem
I'm running PCSX2 version 1.6.0. Being that I'm an absolute noob at emulators (I hardly got RPCS3 set up properly without bricking my PS3... yikes), I haven't touched the settings very much. I installed a patch to make the intro video of Silent Hill 3 display properly, but that's about it if I recall. Since downloading PCSX2, I've made a number of upgrades to my PC, but Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence run almost in slow motion and at a choppy framerate. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I believe the original console versions of Metal Gear and Silent Hill games to be the best way to play their respective titles (Silent Hill 2 Greatest Hits and Silent Hill 3 work great). A simple 1920x1440p or 1920x1080p resolution is most ideal, and I could definitely tolerate 30FPS.

My Hardware
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
GPU: NVidia GeForce RTX 3090Ti
RAM: 32GB DDR4

I should be able to run any game I want as of 2023, but I'm royally screwing something up here. Any and all advice/help is appreciated!

Sponsored links

1st, try updating PCSX2 to the latest nightly version
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(09-27-2023, 03:01 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: 1st, try updating PCSX2 to the latest nightly version

Updating to the latest nightly version worked! Now, I'm able to run both Metal Gear games without any issues to frame rate at 2048x1792p. I'm sorry I didn't think of such a simple solution, but hopefully someone else who has the same problem can learn from this thread, right? Thank you!