Emulator Slow - Help with configuring?
Hello, I can't figure out why my laptop isn't running this emulator properly... 

I just want to play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix randomized... but my framerate isn't stable. It constantly ranges from 60FPS (100% speed) to around 40FPS (75% speed) in combat (sometimes low 50's during combat) 

That community of players couldn't figure out why my laptop isn't running it correctly because a lot of them have worse laptops than I do and easily run it in 2x native (or more)... So I'm asking for help here. Smile 

I've messed around with the settings a lot and nothing seems to work; but I did notice that the whole time my CPU usage is below 20% and my GPU usage stays below 45%; so not sure why it isn't using more of those to make the emulator run correctly? 

Processor is Intel core i7-6700HQ CPU @2.60GHz; Quad core
Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

I've tried it on the normal version of the game also (not randomized, so no cheats and unpatched) and still the same issue. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks, 

Sponsored links

Did you set your power plan to performance mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ummmm..... well now I feel really dumb. Apparently it was in best battery life for the entire summer of me playing games... Don't even remember ever putting it into that mode.

And the settings for it wasn't showing up when I clicked the battery icon so I just assumed it was in best performance.

Sorry for wasting y'alls time with my stupidity.