Emulator - Won't even start.
Hi all, first off, my specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/21/2010, 03:02:09
Machine name: SIAN-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: Korean (Regional Setting: Korean)
System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
System Model: R510/P510
BIOS: Phoenix SecureCore™ NB Version 07LI.MP00.20080926.SCY
Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3066MB RAM
Page File: 1950MB used, 4180MB available[align=left]
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Secondly, when I download the Windows binary file directly from the site. After all the extractions, I can't run the Emulator.exe file, it simply has no recognised attached file extensions so I can't do anything with it.

Thirdly, and more importantly:
(I downloaded it off a torrent file, and the .exe file worked then)
After running the exe, and selecting the plugins (I read and followed the guide pretty well, choosing the safest options, nothing fancy or extravagant.) Tested each plug-in.
Then after I say OK, the following error comes up, as posted in the attached image.

DirectX updated.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

1) You did not list your graphics card there, pretty crucial
2) You obviously downloaded the source or the linux pack, not the windows binary. Here it is: http://pcsx2.net/files/18429. Use this, delete whatever you downloaded off the torrent and try again.
3) Can't see any attached image
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-20-2010, 08:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: 1) You did not list your graphics card there, pretty crucial
2) You obviously downloaded the source or the linux pack, not the windows binary. Here it is: http://pcsx2.net/files/18429. Use this, delete whatever you downloaded off the torrent and try again.
3) Can't see any attached image

Great! That was the problem after all, thanks Smile

However now a new problem presents itself.

Low FPS rates, 27~ish fps. Any ideas? I got a GeForce 9200M GS with 256 MB, I thought it was a pretty decent card.

Any ideas? If not guess I gotta buy a new PS2 in the future to finish this gem off.
It's mainly your CPU that's not helping, aside from your GPU being a bit weak-ish.

As a comparison, my PC can't run it at full speed (60fps) on some areas in FFXII.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
(04-20-2010, 09:55 PM)k1net1cs Wrote: It's mainly your CPU that's not helping, aside from your GPU being a bit weak-ish.

As a comparison, my PC can't run it at full speed (60fps) on some areas in FFXII.

I have similar specs and me neither. I should upgrade to an i5-670 when prices drop. Gateway is evil with the bios lock.
[Image: necok0.jpg]
Specs:
i3-530 @ 4.3 ghz
GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1875
6 GB DDR3 RAM
That's a shame, guess FF X is quite graphics intensive huh..

can you suggest any games with less load on the GPU and processor? (To be legally bought of course)
FFX is of the least graphic intensive games... you just have a slow CPU and very slow graphics card.

You have not shown your settings at all so I'll just guess here... use the GSdx plugin and set the renderer to whichever (Hardware) renderer is faster for you, enable the "native" option there and disable "8-bit textures" if available to you.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Try 2d games like Disgaea 1-2 and the Altier Iris series. 2d fighting games are nice too.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
How do I show my settings and such?

It's not too bad now, after using a couple of speed hacks, reaches 40~ ish fps mostly, still not perfect.. ah well. It is a laptop after all.

I'm using GSdx now, messing around with the settings, I don't see the native option thought, or the 8-bit textures toggle.
Are 8-bit textures good or bad for performance and why? I have tryed it and it didn't affected gameplay