Emulator crashes when trying to run a game or change settings
Hello, I'm having some problems with the nightly builds of PCSX2. Whenever I try to open a game or change the settings, the emulator freezes for a moment, and the console displays the error "First vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices() call returned 1 devices, but second returned 1" before crashing immediately afterwards. It's not possible for me to view the emulator's logs and see what's causing this, either, the document is completely blank despite the file date being updated when the emulator crashes. Fresh reinstalls of the emulator or trying different versions of the nightly build are all having the same end result, and because I can't actually change any emulator settings, it's not possible for me to change anything beyond the default settings, so I'm certain it's not some kind of user error on my end. 

The emulator works completely fine with no issues on my laptop, and transferring the setup I have there to my PC at least lets me be able to change the settings, but I'm still unable to actually play a game because of this error. I haven't been able to find any information on what this error means or what's causing it, or why it's working specifically on one (weaker) computer and not my PC, so I'm kind of at a loss here

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Right, my mistake.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
32GB RAM

I am using PCSX2 Nightly v1.7.5015. No settings have been changed from default due to my inability to change them.

Graphics settings:

All games in my library crash, and I am trying to play them from ISO, attempting to load the BIOS or play a game from disc also causes the emulator to crash with the same error I posted about originally. As far as I can tell, especially because the emulator works with absolutely no issues on my other computer, there is no issue with the BIOS, the ISOs, or the DVDs I am trying to use, nor am I able to recognize any problem with the emulator's configurations, since again, nothing has been changed from default and it works perfectly fine from a fresh install on my other computer.

For comparison for any potential compatibility issues, my other computer's specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4200M
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
16GB RAM
update both your gpu drivers
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
That seems to have fixed it, thank you!