Emulator crashes while using xaudio2
(08-09-2014, 07:20 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I've seen more reports of issues with PortAudio(no sound, emulation won't start), than Xaudio2.

That cause like said Portaudio is default now in pcsx2,and i convinced alot people dont even try to modify alot settings beyond the defaults before making complains about problems (i can cause no sound from portaudio buy just changing 1 or2 settings for portaudio from it defaults just cause it default dont mean it gold rule setting for all) before Xaudio2 was and for years it crashed at random there are topics about it on here if you dig of other reporting this. probably going back 3+ years if not longer it was know bug for spu2 and xaudio2 as it was mentioned in spu2 thread If it was ever fixed i dont know. I just assumed Portaudio was made default to stop the crashs from Xaudio2

But i know for fact Spu2 using XAudio2 starting with 1.xx builds and everything till Portaudio2 was made default. I would get random pcsx2 crashes with event viewer complain about spu2 plug causing the crash. changing to directsound fixed the random crash for but directsound was terrible in comparison. This was not just on my pc but multiple desktops i tried the emulator on. I dealed with it cause the crashes where random and some time went months with out happening other times bunch times in day. and Xaudio is infinite better sound compared to Directsound.

Soon as portaudio became defualt that all stopped.

Sponsored links

I believe you dude, I was just speaking from my experience here in the last several months.

Anyway if you look at the "No sound" section of my guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-PC...#pid391513

You will see that I recommend to use whichever works. Personally I use Xaudio2 though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-09-2014, 08:04 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I believe you dude, I was just speaking from my experience here in the last several months.

Anyway if you look at the "No sound" section of my guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-PC...#pid391513

You will see that I recommend to use whichever works. Personally I use Xaudio2 though.

i know this was before you became mod around here. like i said I personally think portaudio was made default was workaround for the Xaudio2 crashs, which works as far i concerned cause it pcsx2 no longer crashs for me. and most people leave things are defualt. with the side effect of portaudio defualts dont produce sound for everyone.

My recommendation for people that go back to Xaudio2 and have it crashing is go back to PortAudio go in config and try different API and difference Devices defualt settings dont work for all.

BTW do we know id the 2d to 3d transition on FFX slowdown was pin pointed down and fixed? Then again i still using the 5832 svn (last build before switch) as I dont like number scheme for git makes keeping track of builds hard and even harded to fiqure out which build it went wrong atlest for me ( i have tried the newer GIt build to i just usual delete em stick with 5832 snv seeing idont mess with pcs2 often and i know game i have all work with it. but they default to portaudio for me to and sound works)
As far as I know, no that never got fixed. Although setting the async audio makes it all but unnoticeable, at least for me.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD