Emulator won't run on Windows 7
I resntly updated my XP PRO to a 32-Bit Win 7 and when I try to use the emulator it's just not working
when ever I try to configre Lilypad it gives me an error (Twinpad doesn't work at all):
[Image: 93843845.jpg]
and when I click ok it gives me this error:
[Image: helpuv.jpg]

My user is an Adminestor and I have the latest DX&C++ builds
my specs are
E5200
9800GT
4GB RAM
(p.s I ran a search and did not found any thred that was any help to me so if there was a thred like this before sorry I missed it)

Sponsored links

Sounds like you installed to the Program files directory and didn't force run as administrator on the program. Solution is to install to somewhere else or run as admin each time/ turn UAC off( although UAC off is a bit risky)
it works on windows 7 Wink (even on x64)

[Image: 2z4de1s.png]

try to copy the install dir into another folder, for example another partition... not on your drive where the OS is... windows 7 has some security things which, programs which doesnt run on admin rights, not allow to access on the win or program dir.

i put my folder on E: which is an partition of my big HD... just try it Wink

hellow

[edit]

damn... too late Wink

but it isnt a real sulotion to turn UAC off or run it with admin rights, cause its a huge security risk and its annoying always click right, then admin etc ... Wink you'll do it
As already Said. It works on Win7 but if u have it in progrma files you will face problems with access. Its not UAC its rights to Progrma files director which only real Admin posses
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
Well I moved the folder to the desktop... and it works like a charm! Laugh
tnx guys... I finally can finish KH Tongue
You can install into Program Files directory and not have to right click > Run as admin every time. All you have to do is right click > Properties > Compatibility tab > Tick "Run this program as administrator" > Apply. From then on, simple double click should run it as admin every time.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
never install stuff to program files on win7 if you can avoid it...
i personally have a separate partition for apps, and because it's on a separate physical HDD i get faster app loading times too, so it's a win-win situation Tongue
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
(11-13-2009, 11:44 AM)Infel Wrote: never install stuff to program files on win7 if you can avoid it...
i personally have a separate partition for apps, and because it's on a separate physical HDD i get faster app loading times too, so it's a win-win situation Tongue

Wouldn't a better option be to set up a RAID so everything loads faster? Tongue
RAID-0 won't help loading times for applications really, since it will only boost sequential read and write speeds. It'll only have a noticeable impact on loading times for things like large map loads in games, where a huge lot of data must be loaded from disc to memory, or when dealing with large projects in Photoshop or some other professional application. Normal applications will hardly see a benefit.

Plus, if one of the hard disks fail, you lose the entire array, and there's no way to recover it, unlike RAID-5 or RAID-1.

What you'd want for normal applications is lower access times, which you can get from Raptor drives (which are 10,000RPM as opposed to the conventional 7,200RPM) or Solid State Disks (which have something like 0.1ms access times since its all flash memory, with no moving parts at all).
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
not having apps on the same physical drive as windows is enough of a speedup for me
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870