Enable Cheats Screen Issue
Long story short, I'm playing 117D1977 (EU/PAL) Persona 4 and the games screen keeps cutting out, or dragging towards the bottom whenever I enable cheat codes. For example, if I'm on the main menu and I don't have enable cheat codes on, I can see all 3 options on the persona 4 main screen. When I enable cheat codes, the last option on the main screen will be completely cut off along with the rest of the bottom half of the screen. Why is this happening whenever I enable cheats ? How do I fix it? It's really killing my experience. https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ori...009-p4.jpg

Sponsored links

Moved to general support.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Anyone?
Could it be a side effect of the wide-screen patch ?
Tried disabling it ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It's the enable cheats, I clarified that already. I've never had this issue until I enabled cheats, I tried to use the widescreen fix to make it go away but nothing I've tried works, the screen will always drag downward enough to interrupt text or cut off a small portion of the screen.
Sounds like a bad cheat then. What's the cheat for? Is it for the same region as your game?
Apparently so, shouldn't be a bad cheat. I got it from here and it was specific about the version, which was PAL, the version of the Persona 4 game I'm using. It's the x8 exp cheat. It's working just fine, but when I enable cheats the games screen stretches. It also did it when I enabled another cheat that gave my char max courage only, but I was able to save the game and reload my save file disabling cheats in order to get pass that issue. When I tried to do my reload save work around with the experience cheat, it didn't work, so now the only way I can use the cheat is by dealing with the screen stretch.
(10-12-2018, 10:56 PM)DimitriOwa Wrote: Apparently so, shouldn't be a bad cheat. I got it from here and it was specific about the version, which was PAL, the version of the Persona 4 game I'm using. It's the x8 exp cheat. It's working just fine, but when I enable cheats the games screen stretches. It also did it when I enabled another  cheat that gave my char max courage only, but I was able to save the game and reload my save file disabling cheats in order to get pass that issue. When I tried to do my reload save work around with the experience cheat, it didn't work, so now the only way I can use the cheat is by dealing with the screen stretch.

Does the issue persist if you enable cheats but disable Widescreen Patches? There may be a conflict between the memory locations and values in both. Also check the Zoom setting in GS Window settings, sometimes this doesn't play nicely and can cause a funky offset depending on the game and some other settings.