[Enhancement] PCSX2 GUI (Windows)
(08-20-2015, 04:57 AM)BlackTelomeres Wrote: Problem with this is, for some games, there's nothing easy about configuring the emu. Hiding some options will hide things people need to adjust to get some games working optimally.

Unless of course PCSX2 implemented the ultimate "easy mode" that automatically set the best configuration for the specific game they are playing. While that would pretty much downplay the need for a highly usable GUI (at least for popular games people know the configs for), it would probably also require thousands of man hours of documenting all the tweaks specific games need to remove errored out shadows or fix the clamping mode to stop a crash at a random point 4 hours in, or assign the speed hacks so they provide the most speed without causing incompatibilities that lead to crashes and the like.

I disagree. Settings that I almost never use in PCSX2:

Under config->emulation settings:

EE/IOP tab
VUs tab
GS tab
Gamefixes tab

EE/IOP and VU can be useful for rounding mode but gameindex.dbf already applies most of the known rounding fixes as long as automatic gamefix is enabled.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(08-21-2015, 10:16 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I disagree. Settings that I almost never use in PCSX2:

Under config->emulation settings:

EE/IOP tab
VUs tab
GS tab
Gamefixes tab

EE/IOP and VU can be useful for rounding mode but gameindex.dbf already applies most of the known rounding fixes as long as automatic gamefix is enabled.

I've had to use EE and VUs a couple times--usually in the middle of a game that otherwise worked fine but had a few specific areas messed up due to clamping. I guess the issue is for people who learn the interface after they're hidden, then in the few occasions that someone does need them they will be less likely to find them or even know something like clamping is an option unless they read recommended configs here or on a wiki somewhere. It might be more like a starter mode to make the interface easier at first but unless there are perfect automated configs, people will eventually have to unhide them and learn to use them for some games.
Depends on the games they wanna play.

What games did you have to change the clamping/rounding on? If you can confirm that the settings you use fix the issue and don't cause any others, it might get included in gameindex.dbf
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I want to say that one of the bigger games that needs either clamping or rounding changes is Rouge Galaxy for 1 certain area. I can not remember which change helps so that you don't fall through the ground
I haven't tested it in awhile, but I remember some of the missions in bully not working properly without fiddling with clamping
I really think ALL graphic enhancements options should be 1 section can called as such.
Scaling,AA (FXAA and MSAA) AF,TF Shader Boost, GSDX SHADER

No if ands or buts Scaling cause more graphical issue then MSAA does and i way more apparent, Just look at all the  "fixes" we have for it yet MSAA is in HW hack section and Scaling is not.

It makes zero sense.

The HW HACKS sections should also be call HW FIXES or something similar,  the ender user dont care if dev's deems it hack or not, they can plainly see it FIXES issues caused by hw rendering. so why not call it for what i does.

ALL
Graphic enchantments in one section

ALL HW FIXES related to GDSX plugin and not pcsx2 it self in one section.
Yeah, I suggested similar thing before:

Quote:Why not separate the GSdx options in 2 categories: hacks and features.

Features: any improvment that pcsx2 provides, that does not exist in a real ps2. Examples: Upscaling, MSAA, shaders, etc.

Hacks: any option that exist to work around an accurate emulation, or used to make a "feature" work properly. Examples: Skipdraw, CRC hacks, filtering options -since "on demand" is on by default, we don't really need an option for it, just for the other 2 that will override it -,etc.

The best thing about this setup is that it is very similar to the current setup with few changes.
[Image: dg2qIM3.png]

[Image: ZQKt6sJ.png]

[Image: z9iz6qY.png]

[Image: UiXHaxk.png]

This is my proposed new GUI for the GSdX settings. Here are my notes so you can maybe get an idea of why I made some of the decisions I made.

Code:
Gets Changed Globallly <-- These things don't care which backend you had set when they changed, they'll be set for every backend.
    Graphics Adapter
    OpenCL Device

Windowed Mode
        Window Size
        Disable window resize border
        Hide window when paused
        Default to fullscreen on open
        Double-click toggles fullscreen mode

Monitor and TV Stuff <--- because I didn't know what else to call it. All this has to do with how your monitors and TVs deal with things
        Aspect Ratio
        Zoom
        Interlacing
        Wait for Vsync on refesh
        Always hide mouse cursor

Filters
        Shade Boost Options
        Enable External Shaders
        FXAA <-- Don't care that it's changed globally, I'm putting it in the anti-aliasing area.

Enhancements
        Internal resolution
            Scaling/lack there off
            Custom resolution
        Anti-aliasing
            FXAA
            MSAA <-- Seems to be available for OpenGL backend despite not being implemented yet
        Texturing
            Allow 8-bit Textures
            Texture Filtering
            Anisotropic Filtering

Hacks Dialog / Game Fixes <-- Hacks Dialog has no reason to be seperate from the Game Fixes area. Both have the same purpose and are enabled globally
        Graphics Related
            Align Sprite
            Half-pixel Offset
            Wild Arms Offset
            Round Sprite
            Sprite
            Switch to GSdX software rendering mode when FMV plays
            FFX videos fix
            Texture Coordinate Offset
                X
                Y
        Not Graphics Related
            VU Add Hack
            VU Clip Flag Hack
            FPU Compare Hack
            FPU Multiply Hack
            FPU Negative Div hack
            VU XGkick Hack
            EE Timing Hack
            Skip MPEG hack
            OPH Flag hack
            Ignore DMAC writes when it is busy
            Simulate VIF1 Stalls
            Ignore Bus Direction of Path3 Transfer
            Preload TLB hack to avoid TLB miss on Goemon

Gets Changed Only for Specific Backend

Accuracy Options?
        CRC Hack Level <-- Currently changed globally but has different recommended levels for OpenGL (Partial) and DirectX (Full)
        For OpenGL
            Accurate Depth (OGL HW Depth)
            Accurate Date
            Blending Unit Accuracy
        For DirectX
            Alpha             <-- Despite being in the Hacks Dialog currently, it can be looked at as the less accurate DirectX version of Accurate Date
            Alpha Stencil    <-- Despite being in the Hacks Dialog currently, it can be looked at as the less accurate DirectX version of Accurate Date
            For DirectX 9
                Logarithmic Z
                Alpha Correction

I would have imagine there would be more things that are only changed for a specific backend. I'm sure there is enough differences in how certain things are emulated per backend that someone might see a benefit in choosing different settings for each one.
I like most of it dont like the idea of having the gamefixes in with the HW hacks in GSDX though cause there not GSDX fixes there fixes with the emulator, which done automatic for most part. which i dont even touch i just leave that on auto so dont see point of being in with gsdx settings.

Window mode setting i think should stay where they are in the GS windows have that and scaling/custom in same place would be confusing to some people
You mixed emulation settings and gs plugin settings. As pcsx2 is a plugin system you can not mix them.