[Enhancement] PCSX2 GUI (Windows)
(07-29-2015, 01:42 PM)omnikam Wrote: What about having Advanced user tick box that will bring up a more meaty gui. The more simplified gui could just have slider`s
Ps What are we talking about here? :-P

I've said many times I think we should have an "Easy" and "Advanced mode" in the UI.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(07-30-2015, 01:17 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I've said many times I think we should have an "Easy" and "Advanced mode" in the UI.
Well that`s a fine idea Tongue
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
some improvements that could be made in the debugger are:
scroll bar for the registers when working on small screens
ability to display hexadecimal numbers in line with the instructions (e.g like visual studio) displaying the x86 instruction it has being converted into may also help
ability to right click the jump lines and select go to start or end

bios selection:
display if rom1, rom2 and erom are found for that bios version
is there a way to detect if the bios is from a slim ps2
use the highest instruction set detected in the log for the selected gsdx version
when the plugins are more stable enable them by default

main windows:
a few ps2 games only read memory card 1 if multiple memory cards (containing the selected game) or save files in folder (that are already configured in the memory card window) are detected then allow the user to select the save they want the game to see
on windows 10 the render frame background is white before any draw calls are made

the patch system can be improved by adding tags to the cheats e.g (like dolphin) $patch name or because same patches will contain comments replace the $ with // then the name in the tags will be displayed with on the UI with a check box dolphin detects the end of as tag by reaching end of file or another tag
I still say that this needs to happen

DX9/10/11 GSDX - should have it own window settings show only ITS settings and available options that apply to it
OpenGL GSDX - should have it own window settings show only ITS settings and available options that apply to it

None of this ghosting out I mean if the options dont apply to said rendering those options ARE NOT show. this will make more room in the gui, and eliminate confusing over settings cause there ghosted out. yes this probably will make gui for gsdx lil bigger but size is not issue programming that shouldnt be issue either? And a advanced/simple UI sound like good idea too

I still say MSAA need to taken out of HW hacks it dont belong there, Yes I been told MSAA breaks games and causes compatibility issues, But news flash MSAA breaks pc games too cause of compatibility issue with engine which is what happens when you force MSAA in game that dont have the option for it via NVCP funking things happen, Which why not alot of PC games use MSAA these days. and why FXAA SMAA TXAA where all made pcsx2 is no diffrent some ps2 game engines agree with MSAA while others dont. IF MSAA is "hack" so is "SCALING" in fact that hack according to devs so why is that not under HW hacks? I seen more graphicaly issue do to scaling then MSAA.
(08-14-2015, 07:39 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I still say that this needs to happen

DX9/10/11 GSDX - should have it own window settings show only ITS settings and available options that apply to it
OpenGL GSDX - should have it own window settings show only ITS settings and available options that apply to it

None of this ghosting out  I mean if the options dont apply to said rendering those options ARE NOT show. this will make more room in the gui, and eliminate confusing over settings cause there ghosted out. yes this probably will make gui for gsdx lil bigger but size is not issue programming that shouldnt be issue either? And  a advanced/simple UI sound like good idea too

you mean like a tab for D3D11/Opengl settings. I personally had a different kind of thing in my mind Tongue2

Quote:I still say MSAA need to taken out of HW hacks it dont belong there, Yes I been told MSAA breaks games and causes compatibility issues, But news flash MSAA breaks pc games too cause of compatibility issue with engine which is what happens when you force MSAA in game that dont have the option for it via NVCP funking things happen, Which why not alot of PC games use MSAA these days. and why FXAA SMAA TXAA where all made pcsx2 is no diffrent some ps2 game engines agree with MSAA while others dont. IF MSAA is "hack" so is "SCALING" in fact that hack according to devs  so why is that not under HW hacks? I seen more graphicaly issue do to scaling then MSAA.

I agree with that, MSAA would be better placed in the main plugin settings rather than HW hacks.

on the overall status, I'll be adding description boxes to the main dialog similar to the one present at HW hacks but a little different. I honestly dislike tooltips since they took a good deal amount of space in the already crowded dialog box and they don't work well in large texts.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I'm not sure MSAA is compatible with the new gl accurate option for example. Dx might do the same in the future. I think MSAA is quite costly for post-processing effect because it requires an extra conversion step. One question do people use MSAA+Upscaling or MSAA+ Native.
@ ssakash

I guess you can do tab too I more along the lines thinking

Make GUI panel for DX9/10/11 that is shows with all its settings and options and only it setting and options when Dx9/10/11 is selected (no ghosting of options out if dont apply to it it just not shown)

Make GUI panel for OpenGL that is shows with all its settings and options and only it setting and options when OpenGL is selected (no ghosting of options out if dont apply to it it just not shown)

Sidenote why is Scaling not in the "hack" section it been mention more then once by devs it hack and we have hacks to fix what it cause, and it DOES cause alot more graphic corruption other issues then MSAA does yet MSAA is in Hack section and scaling is not? FXAA/MSAA should all be in same place and like said MSAA dont play nice with all types game engines it never has pc game engine or other wise. which why FXAA was made in first place

Either way I dont think MSAA should be in hack section. if MSAA is in there Scaling should defiantly be in there cause does issue it causes are way more apparent.

@ Gregory

I dont use MSAA to much of hit to emulator performance, I prefer Asmodean shader and his FXAA it has 0 hit to performance 3/4x scale

Sure MSAA is better not by huge amount mind you, but the performance hit is not worth it even when I upgrade my system to 6700k some time in next few month I guarentee I still wont use MSAA, Asmodean shader is just way more useful
@ssakash

Here is an example  opengl of what I mean Shows only thing thing relevant to they plugin, only done for all renders bare in mind i terrible at photo shop I stuck crc hack level on main window too cause gregory said it shouldnt be in HW hack.

But yah this what i mean by only options relevant to said render.

Scaling/MSAA(yes i know it dont work in opengl)/FXAA/Shader/TF/AF should all be the section and called "enchantments" (can cause glitch) instead of "internal Resolution" (can cause glitchs).
GSdx when I'm booted into Windows currently looks like this. Tooltips, no description box, CRC in main dialog, and most importantly, no three state checkboxes. Laugh

Not a paint job by the way Tongue2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-15-2015, 10:46 PM)turtleli Wrote: GSdx when I'm booted into Windows currently looks like this. Tooltips, no description box, CRC in main dialog, and most importantly, no three state checkboxes. Laugh

Not a paint job by the way Tongue2

even better example, thought OpenCL is relevant DX/Opengl so it should not be show period. Stick MSAA where it belongs next to FXAA and I think it would pretty darn close to how it should be

btw it wasnt paint job, it was a cut and pasted job Tongue
im no programer or graphic designer was best i could come up with XD