[Enhancement] PCSX2 GUI (Windows)
are there any games that require multiple game fixes to work properly?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(07-22-2015, 12:51 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: are there any games that require multiple game fixes to work properly?

There are situations where you might want EE Timing Fix, SkipMPEG on at the same time, or Timing Fix and Software Mode for FMV's etc. so you are likely to need 2 on at a time.

Hmm there's an idea, we could limit it to being say 3 on at once, that reduces it a bit.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

(07-22-2015, 12:52 PM)refraction Wrote: There are situations where you might want EE Timing Fix, SkipMPEG on at the same time, or Timing Fix and Software Mode for FMV's etc. so you are likely to need 2 on at a time.

Hmm there's an idea, we could limit it to being say 3 on at once, that reduces it a bit.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It would prevent a lot of damage from being caused. I'm going to break out my PS2 collection and start testing which games have issues with game fixes.
(07-22-2015, 12:57 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: That's exactly what I was thinking. It would prevent a lot of damage from being caused. I'm going to break out my PS2 collection and start testing which games have issues with game fixes.

I don't know about preventing damage, but it will certainly reduce it. Hopefully the idiots who try and follow the "tick everything" guides will complain they can't then we can tell them to stop being retarded ;p
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

(07-22-2015, 12:45 PM)refraction Wrote: do you mean basically remove the enable button and just make it so if they click on one of them (the first time only?) it warns them, then they can save it?
Removes everything from the tab. And put only a single "disable automatic gamefix" checkbox. (remove the menu gamefix too).

No sane person want to disable gamefix, so it will reduce the likelihood to click on it. If you hide the gamefix list, they won't be attracted to click on it.

My guess of their reasoning is
1/ enable gamefix <= yes I want my game to work
2/ gamefix selection <= all, ofcourse I want all my game to work.

1/ Or, I see a gamefix for my game but it isn't enabled. Hum, wait the above button allow me to enable it.
2/ Ofc better to enable all of them for my game collection.

Note: what happen if you enable manual gamefix but let's automatic gamefix enabled?

(07-22-2015, 01:24 PM)refraction Wrote: I don't know about preventing damage, but it will certainly reduce it. Hopefully the idiots who try and follow the "tick everything" guides will complain they can't then we can tell them to stop being retarded ;p

That a good idea, either clear everythings after 3/4 or block it.
Their reasoning for it is because they follow guides saying it will give their game a speed up.
Yes maybe, I guess it is the same for the custom resolution, someone found a 1 fps speedup on a special game and tell everyone to enable it...

To extend your idea, maybe we can validate the combination of gamefix enabled. For example goemon hack is not compatible with tri ace game.
Is this thread about the GUI in general, or just the menu design?

Assuming it is general:

1- The console/log window should be disabled by default. The vast majority of users never need it.

2- The shortcut commands should be displayed on the corner of the GS window, not just the console. using multiple save states is a real pain on PCSX2 compared to other emulators, or when you hit a button by mistake and not knowing which one and many other reasons.

3- There should be a shortcut to launch the GSdx menu directly, it would save a ton of time for testers.

4- I know GSdx is a separate plugin for PCSX2, but is it possible to make the main menus (System - CDVD - Config - etc...) be on the GS window and get rid of the main window?

3 windows by default just to use an emulator is an overkill.
(07-22-2015, 01:31 PM)gregory Wrote: Note: what happen if you enable manual gamefix but let's automatic gamefix enabled?

the log message is shown up mentioning that it is enabled so, the effect still takes place regardless whether manual gamefix is disabled (or) enabled.

@K.F

anything related to the GUI should be fine. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(07-22-2015, 01:46 PM)K.F Wrote: Is this thread about the GUI in general, or just the menu design?

Assuming it is general:

1- The console/log window should be disabled by default. The vast majority of users never need it.

2- The shortcut commands should be displayed on the corner of the GS window, not just the console. using multiple save states is a real pain on PCSX2 compared to other emulators, or when you hit a button by mistake and not knowing which one and many other reasons.

3- There should be a shortcut to launch the GSdx menu directly, it would save a ton of time for testers.

4- I know GSdx is a separate plugin for PCSX2, but is it possible to make the main menus (System - CDVD - Config - etc...) be on the GS window and get rid of the main window?

3 windows by default just to use an emulator is an overkill.

1/ That sounds reasonable, will add it to the OP. when a consensus is reached, decision will be made.

2/ some shortcut keys are core based so they couldn't be made available on GS window. though if you want, I could implement a separate tab specifically for editing GSdx shortcut keys.

3/ yeah, that would also be useful.

4/ I don't think that would happen Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction