[Enhancement] PCSX2 GUI (Windows)
@Turtleli

I tried a similar one before but it didn't work on long texts, though I personally would like a description box instead.

I do like the changes for three state checkboxes to Combo box (I considered it before but never did it) that would also help for message reuse on windows and some slight modifications to Round sprite hack description text and it should be fine. Smile

by the way, I'm going to use a group box for description text of the options in the main dialog by extending the dialog a little bit.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

You probably didn't do it correctly if long texts didn't work on the tooltips, works fine on my end.

Can you make a mockup of what you're thinking of doing for the Windows GUI? I can't imagine how description boxes would look better.
Out of curiosity, maybe this was mentioned already.. but why don't we make the GSdx config page a bit wider in format? It doesn't have to be landscape format, but maybe at least a bit wider, giving you some extra space to play with. I keep noticing in all the images posted so far that everything is all bunched together, hell almost on top of each other, making it somewhat difficult to differentiate between sections. If you make it a bit wider you could put some things next to each other possibly.

Something I came up with:

(This would be far from the finished product, but it's a general idea in the works that I had in mind..
Replaced the 'settings' button at Shade Boost for example with a smaller config button right next to it, etc.)

[Image: GSdx.png]
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I think making it wider is a good idea.

I used the same width simply because if I made it wider I'd have to alter the logos for it to look nice. I don't do images Tongue2 (But why is there 3 logos? Why not just one? The DX10 logo is a bit silly when it's DX11 for most Windows users.)

Side note: If anyone wants to play around with a GSdx Windows GUI that has tooltips and no three-state checkboxes, I have a branch at https://github.com/turtleli/pcsx2/tree/gsdx-gui-changes and a build at http://turtleli.unospace.net/GSdx32-gui-SSE2.7z . Maybe it'll help people come up with ideas? I don't know. (There's a tooltip bug on edit controls, at least on Windows 10, but it's not really my fault - when opened through GSDumpGUI, it has correct behaviour. Will have to investigate.)
Yeah I had to adjust the logos as well as you saw.. luckily it was easy since it's just stretching out the gradient area.

That logo is old though, back when D3D11 didn't exist yet. Tongue
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(08-17-2015, 10:36 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Out of curiosity, maybe this was mentioned already.. but why don't we make the GSdx config page a bit wider in format?

It was:

(07-24-2015, 07:26 PM)K.F Wrote: You can fit all the GSdx option if you just made the window a little wider.
And why is there a logo in the first place? Pretty, but waste of space.
(08-18-2015, 08:04 PM)K.F Wrote: And why is there a logo in the first place? Pretty, but waste of space.

Seconded.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(08-18-2015, 08:04 PM)K.F Wrote: And why is there a logo in the first place? Pretty, but waste of space.

Not even pretty imo. Kinda pointless

I'd say it's useful for making it exceptionally obvious which back end people are using. People seem to be better at looking at photos than reading text. Not really useful for people like us, but I imagine it might be slightly useful for less competent people.
(07-30-2015, 01:17 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I've said many times I think we should have an "Easy" and "Advanced mode" in the UI.

Problem with this is, for some games, there's nothing easy about configuring the emu. Hiding some options will hide things people need to adjust to get some games working optimally.

Unless of course PCSX2 implemented the ultimate "easy mode" that automatically set the best configuration for the specific game they are playing. While that would pretty much downplay the need for a highly usable GUI (at least for popular games people know the configs for), it would probably also require thousands of man hours of documenting all the tweaks specific games need to remove errored out shadows or fix the clamping mode to stop a crash at a random point 4 hours in, or assign the speed hacks so they provide the most speed without causing incompatibilities that lead to crashes and the like.