[Enhancement] PCSX2 GUI (Windows)
Had a feeling that would be the reaction. I'm not a fan of plugin systems for emulators which is why I dared merge the settings. Figured I would see how people reacted lol

Here's one without the emulation settings implemented.
[Image: ubF1tUK.png]

Sponsored links

i would merger Enchanments and texturing under Enhancements was of space imo they both are enhancing the image and HW FIX sounds better to me instead of GAme fix cause that implys there for specific games when all setting in there can fix multiple games
(09-03-2015, 02:56 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: i would merger Enchanments and texturing under Enhancements was of space imo they both are enhancing the image and HW FIX sounds better to me instead of GAme fix cause that implys there for specific games when all setting in there can fix multiple games

'Hardware Fix', or 'Hardware Mode Fix' makes no sense. It should be kept as Game Fixes, because that's what they are. Quite a few hacks get games to boot up that have nothing to do with Hardware mode. Some of them could use a better description though..

Unless you refer to the Game Hacks thing on his screenshot, in which case I agree with you and it should be renamed.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I think 'workarounds' would make more sense
(09-03-2015, 06:04 AM)Ryudo Wrote: 'Hardware Fix', or 'Hardware Mode Fix' makes no sense. It should be kept as Game Fixes, because that's what they are. Quite a few hacks get games to boot up that have nothing to do with Hardware mode. Some of them could use a better description though..

Unless you refer to the Game Hacks thing on his screenshot, in which case I agree with you and it should be renamed.

I  referring to  "enabled game hacks" should be call hw fixes/hw rendering fixes.

Gamefixes in the Emulations settings stay where they and stay named as

I talking about the menu holding
SKipdraw
Alpha
half-sprite offset
wildarms offset
alpha stencil
Round sprite
Align sprite
TC offset

should be called HW Fixes/HW Rendering fixes

Which cant house the "emulations setting" game fixes and even if it could shouldnt cause there not handled by gdsx

(09-03-2015, 01:52 PM)Ōkami Amaterasu Wrote: I think 'workarounds' would make more sense

That works too  I partial to HW fixes. cause these are all for HW mode. I just dont think they should be call HW hacks as they are now, it true there "hacks" but they all FIX things so HW Fixes make more sense to me.
Well put in a nicely working game tc offset or skipdraw to infinity and you will see that nothing is fixed and everything is broken. Don't know if the other hacks break stuff but I would guess they will.

Gamefix is very positive. As newbie I would enable all fixes... If it fixes something its good.

I would call this advanced hw settings. Nobody wants to touch advanced settings if they don't know what they do...
(07-22-2015, 01:31 PM)gregory Wrote: No sane person want to disable gamefix, so it will reduce the likelihood to click on it. If you hide the gamefix list, they won't be attracted to click on it.

My guess of their reasoning is
1/ enable gamefix <= yes I want my game to work
2/ gamefix selection <= all, ofcourse I want all my game to work.

Note: what happen if you enable manual gamefix but let's automatic gamefix enabled?

Why not re-label the tab to Game-specific fixes or something, gamefixes says "this will fix your game" and some people see it's a fix and as said above will just check everything.

If you follow my logic Game-specific fixes says: Well, I am running "God of War" so I will find the "God of War fixes"
I think if we remove the xgkick hack and delay VIF stalls hack. Both seem to cause the most issues in my testing.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It is not directly related to the GUI. But just wanted to ask why PCSX2 stays on a plugin system?
In general the idea and intention was great to have different system components which can be "plugged" together, so that everyone has the possibility to work on the emulator. It was a trend around 2000 which however was imo not very successfully. PJ64, Mupen64, ePSXe, PCSX demonstrated how fragmented a community can become. I guess due to the PCSX Reloaded starting point, the plugin nature of PCSX was also carried over to PCSX2.
I am just curious.