Enthusia
(06-15-2012, 03:10 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you will continue to see quality increases in the final output long after higher detailed resources stop showing any improvements.

With PS2 games thats not very long because they know the textures will look crap on the PS2's resolution anyway, so they tend to just look quite blurry when you get in to higher resolutions. Out of place one might say ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(06-15-2012, 03:23 PM)refraction Wrote: With PS2 games thats not very long because they know the textures will look crap on the PS2's resolution anyway, so they tend to just look quite blurry when you get in to higher resolutions. Out of place one might say ;p

2D games looks more crap with up-scaling...Tongue
(06-15-2012, 02:21 AM)GeoMan Wrote: i discovered that if you set the Custom internal resolution at 1260x1260 (which is almost identical to 2x internal) the black lines disappear... Smile

This is true, but it looks like crap at 1080p. In my case it looked even worse in 5040x1050 triplewide. I had to find a solution for the vertical lines as its still present in the latest SVN.

I've created a fix by making a custom GSdx and ignored the last draw call (FBP=0) to rendertarget (probably some broken post-process effects) and instead did a StretchRect() and just copied the texture to the rendertarget. I believe the problem is the upscaling done via the pixelshader but i could be wrong. It looks beautiful now.

Once I figure out the formula for all resolutions I could put a dll up for everyone to use if there is any interest. Not really sure the best way to go about this.

Result is below. Sorry for bumping old thread .