Enthusia
Enthusia is a nice driving game which i used to play a lot a few years back, but in pcsx2 (i am currently using 5293) the game displays some vertical thin black lines if you use hardware rendering and set the internal resolution above 1x.

I use a display resolution of 1024x768 (and DX11) and i discovered that if you set the Custom internal resolution at 1260x1260 (which is almost identical to 2x internal) the black lines disappear... Smile

(I guess that it has something to do with scaling...)

If you use another display resolution you may need to set different values to Custom resolution to avoid the black lines, so try my values above and if they don't work for you then experiment... Rolleyes

Sponsored links

1200x1200 is enough
its all about divisability, there are probably many sweetspots, its just such a pain finding them Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-15-2012, 12:35 PM)refraction Wrote: its all about divisability, there are probably many sweetspots, its just such a pain finding them Tongue

do you think there is diff between 720x720 and native res?

i got this resolution from one thread, but forgotten it's name

and yes, both of them gives me solid 60 fps

juz asking if i better used native res over that custom res
there can be a huge difference, depending on the game.

I've seen games running at 448x320 which isnt greatly better than the PS1 could manage, where others run at 640x458 or smth. So yes 720x720 can be anything from a little bit nicer to twice as nice.

(06-15-2012, 12:40 PM)RPGLover98 Wrote: do you think there is diff between 720x720 and native res?

In Enthusia between 1x native (640x512) and 720x720 there's a small difference, but between 1x native and 1260x1260 it is a huge improvement (as it is like using 2x native).

So it is a good idea to use the largest Custom resolution that works if you want better visuals.

Also i noticed that only increasing the horizontal resolution above 1260 produces black lines. You can increase vertical resolution to more than 1260 without problem, but i don't think that you will get any better visuals.
Visuals improve largely below around 1200*1200 and from then on only get a bit sharper per step.
This is all dependant on the resolution and detail in the games actual resources of course.

Low detail crap like in stuff like FFX can continuing providing huge increases in IQ well past 3x the original res.
(06-15-2012, 02:44 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: This is all dependant on the resolution and detail in the games actual resources of course.

Low detail crap like in stuff like FFX can continuing providing huge increases in IQ well past 3x the original res.

it doesnt matter what the original resolution the game was. If you make it 1200x1200, it's 1200x1200 no matter what.

obviously using the native x# multiplier will change but using a custom res will output the same amount of "jaggies" regardless of the game.

(06-15-2012, 02:47 PM)refraction Wrote: it doesnt matter what the original resolution the game was. If you make it 1200x1200, it's 1200x1200 no matter what.

obviously using the native x# multiplier will change but using a custom res will output the same amount of "jaggies" regardless of the game.

keyword, resources. (and no reference to jaggies)

if parts of a scene are only 160x160, you will start seeing the results of upscaling guess-work (like pixels out of place) But if the textures are basic flat colours you will continue to see quality increases in the final output long after higher detailed resources stop showing any improvements.