Entire System Freezing
Sorry Refraction, screenshots of what?

Sponsored links

A screenshot of the GSdx dialog.
(04-11-2017, 01:55 AM)CK1 Wrote: A screenshot of the GSdx dialog.

Yep. Here you go.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hmm, that looks like an old version of GSDX, the PCSX2 build isn't hugely new either to be honest. Could you delete everything in your plugins folder and download a new build of the emulator from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Note: 5x upscaling on this game is likely a killer.
(04-11-2017, 10:39 AM)refraction Wrote: hmm, that looks like an old version of GSDX, the PCSX2 build isn't hugely new either to be honest.  Could you delete everything in your plugins folder and download a new build of the emulator from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Like this, Refraction?

(04-11-2017, 03:10 PM)gregory Wrote: Note: 5x upscaling on this game is likely a killer.

My GPU can handle it at full speed, emulation is extremely jerky though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's better, see how that runs.

I'm sure your GPU can handle full speed emulation, but GT4 at 5x native can consume multiple gigabytes of GPU memory on transitions.

(04-11-2017, 10:47 PM)refraction Wrote: That's better, see how that runs.

I'm sure your  GPU can handle full speed emulation, but GT4 at 5x native can consume multiple gigabytes of GPU memory on transitions.

3x should be good as well. I would say it's the recommended setting for his system.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
3x is probably as far as I'd be willing to push it on that game. It certainly brings a GTX 970 to its knees, but probably because it triggers the 3.5Gb bug, which of course doesn't help. But that gives you an idea of how much VRAM it uses, if at 3x it goes over 3.5Gb

(04-11-2017, 11:41 PM)refraction Wrote: 3x is probably as far as I'd be willing to push it on that game.  It certainly brings a GTX 970 to its knees, but probably because it triggers the 3.5Gb bug, which of course doesn't help.  But that gives you an idea of how much VRAM it uses, if at 3x it goes over 3.5Gb

Hey guys.

After doing what Refraction said, I decided to start a race on 3x native. There was a large stutter whilst the race loaded (thought it was going to freeze), and then it went to full speed. Great. I checked my CPU and GPU usages, and they were all normal. But I saw that my RAM usage spiked by almost 2GB. It went to a maximum of 5GB of usage. That was on 3x native... So if I'm on 5x native, the RAM spike could potentially go to my entire amount of RAM, so I think that's what's causing my system freezes.

I've also been having trouble with FPS spikes. Doing what Refraction said seemed to have reduce the frequency of these spikes. Afterburner shows a spike of both CPU and GPU usages when these FPS spikes occur. My CPU usage is usually the main one that's being spiked, so my CPU could be a bottleneck. But then again, it could always be my RAM.

Thanks everyone!