Error - File Could Not Be Created Or Opened
"File could not be created or opened" and the file is "C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\bios\SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.mec".

I'm using 0.9.7 r3876 on Windows Vista, 32-bit.

It worked fine before, but I accidentally changed a graphical setting whilst running the game (Final Fantasy X), which caused it to crash. When I tried to restart it, I started getting this error and I am still getting it.

I read somewhere that this was because of the file not saving in Unicode, and so I resaved it in Unicode and stuck it back in there. No luck. I also tried deleting it completely, but that didn't work either.

Everything worked perfectly fine before, why am I getting this error now all of a sudden? I was under the impression that this had been fixed in the version I'm using?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

This is a very common problem for which you would have found the solution with a simple search or by reading the FAQ.
It is a permissions problem, uninstall PCSX2 from where you currently have it (make sure you back up your BIOS files) then install it again in a custom folder like C:/PCSX2. Then on the first time config wizard make sur to select current directory for ini storage.
If it still doesn't work right click PCSX2.exe and Run as Administrator
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ah yes, silly me. I completely forgot to run it as an administrator. It's working again. Thank you very much for your reply!
Wink 
(01-18-2011, 04:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: This is a very common problem for which you would have found the solution with a simple search or by reading the FAQ.
It is a permissions problem, uninstall PCSX2 from where you currently have it (make sure you back up your BIOS files) then install it again in a custom folder like C:/PCSX2. Then on the first time config wizard make sur to select current directory for ini storage.
If it still doesn't work right click PCSX2.exe and Run as Administrator
Good Evening,

I have tried exactly what is written above and yet I still receive a Message stating

A file could not be created.
Path: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\PCSX2\bios\scph39001.nvm

Is there something I am missing as I also tried running this in Administrator mode.

I am using the latest release pcsx2-1.2.1-r5875-setup.exe and yes I have all the MicroSoft visuals C++ from 2005 til 2013 both x64 and x86 runtimes installed I have no idea and Yes I am a Noobie of the first kind sorry for being a headcase.WackoWackoWackoBlush and yes I did not quite understand this "Then on the first time config wizard make sur to select current directory for ini storage." Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you.

Sorry Nobbs66 I will make a new one
open your own thread.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD