Error: Savestate data is corrupted or incomplete
hi guys, im kinda new in pcsx2 emulator, and im having a problem on my saved game i cant load any of my save file. btw im using the beta version of pcsx2 beta 1474 here is the error everytime im trying to load my save game

"Encountered an error while loading savestate from file D:\pcsx2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2. Since the savestate load was incomplete. the emulator must reset."

"Error: Savestate data is corrupted or incomplete
Filename:Tag: mtgs

ive already tried un-install and installing a new pcsx2 and its still the same error. hope someone here can help me how to load my save games =( btw im playing ruruoni kenshin hirs my specs core 2 quad q8200 2.33ghz 2gb ram and 9800gt 512m ddr3 256bit vid card. thanks in advance and godbless ^^

Sponsored links

Did you make those save states in an older version of the emulator? A lot of savestates don't work between versions because of just how much is changed. Also did you click "eject memory cards when loading savestates"? If for any reason that got unchecked, that could be your problem.
There are 2 ways to save with PCSX2:

1)The simple,traditional way of saving to a memory card,just like the original playstation 2 console does. This way you save from the game's save menu and your save is in the .ps2 file on the memcards folder (which you cannot open or anything as you are trying to). To load that save,you run your game and load your save game from the game's menu.

2)Using save states. This can only be done in PCSX2 and not the original Playstation 2. You can press F1 at any time during a game and save the data in the sstates folder. You can then load that save pressing F3. You have 10 slots for each game,so to go to slot #2 you press F2 and keep pressing it to change slots.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-27-2009, 02:30 PM)Koji Wrote: Did you make those save states in an older version of the emulator? A lot of savestates don't work between versions because of just how much is changed. Also did you click "eject memory cards when loading savestates"? If for any reason that got unchecked, that could be your problem.

the beta version is the first ps2 emulator that ive tried so i guess its new. i always checked it before loading the game. but still same error.
(07-27-2009, 02:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: There are 2 ways to save with PCSX2:

1)The simple,traditional way of saving to a memory card,just like the original playstation 2 console does. This way you save from the game's save menu and your save is in the .ps2 file on the memcards folder (which you cannot open or anything as you are trying to). To load that save,you run your game and load your save game from the game's menu.

2)Using save states. This can only be done in PCSX2 and not the original Playstation 2. You can press F1 at any time during a game and save the data in the sstates folder. You can then load that save pressing F3. You have 10 slots for each game,so to go to slot #2 you press F2 and keep pressing it to change slots.

#1 works on my emulator.

#2 thats my problem. everytime i try to press f1 the same error appear. also is the sstates folder different from memcards folder?

thx for the reply guys. i appreciate it
#2 yes the sstates folder is called sstates, the memcards folder is called memcards.

i suggest you delete your pcsx2.ini and reconfigure pcsx2 to get things back to defaults
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You need to use Lilypad in orded for F1,F2 and F3 keys to work in the latest beta (for both controllers)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
it's ok now. i can load the saved games now by pressing F3. thanks a lot ^^
Yeah I get that same error too. I ONLY use "Slot 1" and when I try to load it up, It says this:

Path: C:\Users\(Redacted)\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-20370(0FGB6315).01.ps2

And when I open it with PCSX2 I get this:

File not found
   Path: IsoFileSystem

Please help me! I would NOT play the game until I find a way to retrieve my save file.

P.S. I tried all of the other save files and I could not find the save I made
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go