Error opening CDVD plugin
Hello all!

First I'd just like to say THANK YOU to the development team and keep up the amazing work.

I recently downloaded the latest version of pcsx2 (0.9.6) and acquired all the necessary files. I've been trying to get Kingdom Hearts 2 (burned as an ISO file on my hard drive) to load. However the only CDVD plugin that seems to get past the debug screen at all is Gigaherz's. However when I attempt to load the game by mounting it on a virtual drive and then selecting that drive from the plugin configuration, I get the same error:

Error opening CDVD plugin.

This comes after two other errors about neither memory cards being found or something... Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I can screencap it if you'd like.

My specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 2.9 GHz
8 GB DDR2 RAM
ATI Sapphire HD 4870 GPU

If someone could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, that'd be great.
(more specs if needed)

Thank you all again for your time Smile

Sponsored links

FAQ has your answer about the memcard problem
There is already a plugin to read ISO files directly, Linuz ISO. No mounting or anything else is needed (and shouldn't be used because it will cause problems)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-09-2010, 09:13 AM)Bositman Wrote: FAQ has your answer about the memcard problem
There is already a plugin to read ISO files directly, Linuz ISO. No mounting or anything else is needed (and shouldn't be used because it will cause problems)

Okay I've got it working with linuz ISO, but the window that opens is blank and seems frozen... :/
Did you dismount it from the virtual drive?
Did you configure the rest of the emulator properly according to the guide?
http://pcsx2.net/guide.php
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yes I did. The PS2 output screen says it can't find an "NVM file" once the new window pops up.
bump?
Umm, maybe try using beta-1888. You can use Gigaherz and just run the ISO straight from PCSX2 under "File". Don't know if it'll work, but I've had a lot of games just give me a black screen unless I used a specific plugin and/or mounted with another prgram or didn't. Besides, starting over with a different folder for the program might get rid of your errors. I was there before, hope this helps.
can help me?
How set the configuration PSCSX2, I've tried but failed to hold
(04-10-2010, 10:47 AM)ahmadsaichu22 Wrote: can help me?
How set the configuration PSCSX2, I've tried but failed to hold

???? Not sure what to say... If by "failed to hold" you mean the settings/plugins didn't stay intact when exiting the program then restarting it, I would say start by deleting your current program folder (the one containing the PCSX2 and it's files/folders), and reinstalling the program/plugins again. That is how I solved that problem when I had it. Also, are you using the ZIP download or are you using the installer? Maybe the installer would be easiest.
Thanks for the tip on the beta, it's been working flawlessly!

One last question on patches...
I'm playing the NA version of Kingdom Hearts 2, and I've found the pre-made pnach file listed under the PCSX2 directory for the CRC I obtained from the code screen. I was looking to use a "quick exp gain" code from the Code Breaker website. I used a decrypter I found searching around, and this is the code I've come up with:

gametitle=Kingdom Hearts II [SLUS 21005] (U)// no depth resolves
zerogs=00008000
//patch=0,EE,2033FEC0,word,0098967F

The game plays fine, but that code doesn't seem to be working. I double checked the version using a PS2 disc version checker, and they match what is on the website.

The only thing I can think of is the "zerogs" line, which I don't understand. I'm not using a plugin by that name so maybe I should change that?

Any help is appreciated Smile