Error when running game directly through steam but works perfectly from emulator menu
Hi!

I have an error with PCSX2 which gives me a bit of a headache:
  • If I start PCSX2 and boot the iso file, I can play without problems.
  • If I add PCSX2 to my steam client, start it from steam (also no problems in big picture mode) and use the PCSX2 menu to boot the iso, I can play without problems. (I also have the steam overlay and can use the steam controller)
  • If I try to start the game directly by adding parameters, it won't work.

Path to my pcsx2.exe:
Z:\Emulatoren\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3274-gd3ecec5d6-windows-x86\pcsx2.exe

Path to my iso:
Z:\Roms\PS2\DBZ_Budokai3.iso

Quote:Properties in the steam menu:
Target: "Z:\Emulatoren\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3274-gd3ecec5d6-windows-x86\pcsx2.exe" "Z:\Roms\PS2DBZ_Budokai3.iso"
Start in: "Z:\Emulatoren\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3274-gd3ecec5d6-windows-x86\"

At first I have also used the parameters --nogui --fullscreen in the target field but since the emulator started and closed immediately, I sticked with the properties written above.
Since then I receive the following error:

Quote:CDVD Plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.

At first I have used pcsx2-1.4.0, then I have found a new version: pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3274-gd3ecec5d6-windows-x86
Both give me the same problem.

Since the game runs perfectly if I boot it by using the emulator's menu, I don't think my ressources are the problem.

Quote:My specs, taken from dxdiag:
Intel Core i5-45ö70 CPU @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs)k ~3.2GHz
16384MB Ram
DirectX 11
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (4095 MB)

During playing (when I have booted from the emulator's menu) I kept an eye on the CPU/RAM performance and it never got above 25%/30% with the game running quite perfectly.

The iso file comes from the original game I own, if that is anyhow important.

Does anybody have an idea what my problem can be and please help me?

Sponsored links

I experienced this exact issue (save for it working in Big Picture mode).
In my case, RivaTunerStatisticsServer was the cause, and I fixed it by adding an exclusion for Pcsx2 in RTSS. If you're experiencing this issue, and aren't using RTSS, try disabling anything else that hooks into applications.

A brief foray with the Visual Studio debugger revealed that RTSSHooks.dll was somehow causing a null-pointer to be dereferenced.