Errors on Official English guide
I hope you're joking about the FATAL ERROR Tongue Anyway fixed
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

As I'm translating the new guide, Two instances of inaccurate descriptions found under two headlines respectively: "VUs tab of the Emulation Settings:" and "EE/IOP tab of the Emulation Settings:".
guide version 0.9.7 Wrote:Restore Defaults: Click this to restore all settings to their default values (which are seen as Bold in Vista/Windows 7 or colored green in Windows XP).

I'm running Windows 7 without Aero Theme enabled and the default entries in green as in Windows XP.
Yes I know humans is usually enabling Aero Theme in Vista / Windows 7.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
Yes but I won't change it like in case you have Aero off it will be green, it's already too descriptive anyway Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It's not even aero, you have to disable all visual theme style related thingies and use the windows classic theme... not many people do that Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-09-2010, 06:04 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes but I won't change it like in case you have Aero off it will be green, it's already too descriptive anyway Tongue

well.. you could change that to "with Aero" and "without Aero" that would be completely accurate Tongue (especially since XP doesn't HAVE aero)
I'm a lazy guy so I won't read the other replies, but at the CDVD section, when the three plugins are introduced, it says Gigahertz's v0.8.0 and directly right under it

'select gigahertzs v.0.7.0...'

I know it's a minor typo, but it's still there.
(redirected from http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-tra...ns?page=24)
A little something caught my attention: in the english guide, there is a mention of "interlacing techniques". This does not sound accurate, as Weave, Bob and such are deinterlacing techniques - in the video plugin configuration, the "interlacing" dropdown list is to be read like "interlacing handling".

Also, about hacks (not an actual error):
Quote:These settings can and WILL cause serious glitches if used in games that need them!
=> I understand it but doesn't it sound a little awkward, since the games definitely don't "need" the hacks settings ? (what they may need is the exact behavior of a PS2, which hacks aim to simplify/override for speed concerns). A little more information - something like
Quote:These settings can and WILL cause serious glitches if used in games that need what the hacks bypass !
would sound clearer to me.

Hoping it won't sound too picky.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...0-9-7#Misc Wrote:Config =>

* Emulation Settings: Will open the Emulation Settings screen which we described at the start of this guide.

It's not at the start of this guide.

Simply write it "we described above", or go into detail "we first introduced in the section of Core settings".
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
A typo (missing word) :
Quote:
[*] If a particular set of options works very well for a particular, then these options can saved in the game's patch file so that they are always applied every time the game is loaded.

=> A particular game
(11-22-2010, 10:32 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: It's not at the start of this guide.

Simply write it "we described above", or go into detail "we first introduced in the section of Core settings".

fixed

(11-25-2010, 02:35 AM)Keade Wrote: A typo (missing word) :
=> A particular game

fixed

Thanks guys! keep those eyes peeled!

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]