Every game goes slow...
So: not stable enough
my system:
- Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x86
- Intel E5300 DualCore @ 2x 2.6Ghz (not OC'ed, and i DON'T want to OC it)
- nVidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB
- 2GB of DDRII RAM (633Mhz)

Sponsored links

however you see it, things like the ones you listed, they need MUCH higher specs than either of us have. games like what I play, they work fine.
pcsx2 is just fine, a lot of games run without problems. you just need to setup it right and get a faster computer.
I overclock my 2.2 to 2.4 and I don't get a big difference, I think the issue here is RAM, not processor speed.
your overclocked cpu is hardly 10% faster than the standard one. of course that isn't a big difference :) going from 30fps to 33fps is barely noticable in a game.
Saiki;

Your issue is not ram speed. Pcsx2 is more cpu intensive than ram intensive. The problem with Pcsx2 is always raw Mhz power. Besides, when you do small step increments you speed up both RAM and CPU, if you're just inching up the FSB by a couple MHz. So yeah, either grow some kahunas and overclock more (should well unless you don't have a proper cpu cooler, then don't bother), or wait a few months for us to figure out new, fancy, complicated, and compatibility-breaking methods of making pcsx2 run faster. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
air: I have 4gb of ram and 2.2ghz. I'm doing quite well and not far behind much higher cpus with lower ram.
I can hardly wait Tongue2
my system:
- Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x86
- Intel E5300 DualCore @ 2x 2.6Ghz (not OC'ed, and i DON'T want to OC it)
- nVidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB
- 2GB of DDRII RAM (633Mhz)
(02-11-2009, 11:02 PM)Saiki Wrote: air: I have 4gb of ram and 2.2ghz. I'm doing quite well and not far behind much higher cpus with lower ram.

... and I'm telling you that a 3.2 ghz machine will run Pcsx2 45% faster, which means 30fps scenes would turn into 44fps scenes, whether you have 1gb of crap ram or 6gb of super-awesome ram. This is a simple fact of physical reality. Pcsx2 has a very linear performance scale to the Ghz rating of your cpu.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(02-11-2009, 06:44 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(02-11-2009, 06:11 AM)Elanzer Wrote:
Quote:(PS: overclocking is NOT an option)

It is, you just don't want to do it.
no, not always it isn't. my bios has it blocked.

(02-11-2009, 10:35 PM)Saiki Wrote: I overclock my 2.2 to 2.4 and I don't get a big difference, I think the issue here is RAM, not processor speed.

Right.

Anyways, PCSX2 not running games fast enough on lower-end systems doesn't make it "unstable" or "not stable enough". When you try to play Crysis on a PC that is too slow and it gets a bad framerate, that doesn't mean Crysis is unstable. PCSX2 is quite stable for what it is, you just need to toy with the settings and get the right settings for performance (ie: speedhacks) and have the right hardware in the first place to make it playable. Most of my games run 60fps with a E8400 @ 4.1ghz without any crashes at all, some even with virtually perfect emulation (ie: Tales of the Abyss), graphically looking much superior to the original PS2.

It is better to play on your original PS2 if you can't run the emulator properly, emulation is for the preservation of the past for the most part.
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 C0 @ 4.1Ghz
Mobo: ASUS P5Q Pro (2048Mhz FSB)
RAM: 8GB PC2-8500 DDR2
Video: Radeon HD 4850 512MB @ 790/1990mhz
Sound: ASUS Xonar DX, Alessandro MS-1 headphones