[Experimental] Winsock based DEV9 plugin (Now with HDD Support)
(04-28-2017, 05:31 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: @NRoach44

OPL (or other homebrew software) network featured won't work.

I believe the issue is due to smap emulation issues in the plugin, however I haven't been able to figure out the cause of the issue, and finding documentation about dev9 hardware has not been easy.

This issue is caused by the ps2sdk's smap module (which is based on the newer ps2eth's smap module, named "smap") when sending a packet, as the pointer field of the buffer descriptor (BD_ptr->pointer) is being set (*) without adding SMAP_TX_BASE (set to 0x1000 at line 295 of ps2sdk's smapregs.h header file) (**) to it.

(*): ps2sdk's iop/network/smap/src/xfer.c, line 138 (link)

Code:
BD_ptr->pointer=BD_data_ptr;
SMAP_REG8(SMAP_R_TXFIFO_FRAME_INC)=0;

(**): ps2sdk's common/include/smapregs.h, line 295 (link)

Code:
#define SMAP_TX_BASE 0x1000

The older ps2eth's smap module (currently named "smap-linux") does add SMAP_TXBUFBASE (set to 0x1000 at line 55 of ps2eth's smap-linux/smap.c source file) (****) to the pointer field of the buffer descriptor (pTXBD->pointer) (***)

(***): ps2eth's smap-linux/smap.c, line 1828 (link)

Code:
pTXBD->pointer=pSMap->TX.u16PTREnd+SMAP_TXBUFBASE;
SMAP_REG8(pSMap,SMAP_TXFIFO_FRAME_INC)=1;

(****): ps2eth's smap-linux/smap.c, line 55 (link)

Code:
#define SMAP_TXBUFBASE 0x1000

Adding SMAP_TX_BASE to the pointer field of the buffer descriptor (as done in the older ps2eth's smap module) fixes this issue.

Code:
BD_ptr->pointer=BD_data_ptr+SMAP_TX_BASE;
SMAP_REG8(SMAP_R_TXFIFO_FRAME_INC)=1;

This change applies for:

ps2sdk: iop/network/smap/src/xfer.c, line 138 (link)
ps2eth (newer smap module): smap/xfer.c, line 139 (link)
open-ps2-loader (smap-ingame module): modules/network/smap-ingame/xfer.c, line 236 (link)

Sponsored links

(12-21-2017, 02:55 AM)leotreves Wrote: Biohazard Outbreak File 1 stutters a lot. It keeps destabilizing emulation speed quite often (like each 3 seconds or so)
Outbreak File 2 seems to be crashing whenever you join online rooms.

I Think I've found the cause of the performance issues
However, I've not been able to replicate the crash as of yet (I've only tried joining empty rooms so far).
I'm assuming you are using OPL to launch File 2, is this correct?

(12-31-2017, 10:45 PM)Vedita BR II Wrote: Hello! I'm trying to port forward UDP port 5730 for MGS3 Subsistence, however, i failed to doing that.

I've tried forwarding the UDP port to my PC ip, but the game keep showing closed port error "Cannot create game in current network enviroment". I don't know if i should use a static ip on  your network configuration file [I'm using DHCP]. What  should I do?

You will also need to add a port forwarding rule to your router aswell (to your PC IP).
MGO should perform UPNP, however, this dosn't yet appear to work yet (and my router dosn't seem to fond of UPNP, which makes adding support for this somewhat difficult for me).

(01-02-2018, 08:01 AM)buh Wrote: This issue is caused by the ps2sdk's smap module (which is based on the newer ps2eth's smap module, named "smap") when sending a packet, as the pointer field of the buffer descriptor (BD_ptr->pointer) is being set (*) without adding SMAP_TX_BASE (set to 0x1000 at line 295 of ps2sdk's smapregs.h header file) (**) to it.

The older ps2eth's smap module (currently named "smap-linux") does add SMAP_TXBUFBASE (set to 0x1000 at line 55 of ps2eth's smap-linux/smap.c source file) (****) to the pointer field of the buffer descriptor (pTXBD->pointer) (***)

I had observed this as well (although I did not know the older module added the offset), however, the newer module (and presumable the older module) appear to work correctly on real hardware.

I wonder if there is a difference between the the earlier register writes that allows the newer module to skip the offset (on real hardware).
(01-03-2018, 12:04 AM)Ge-Force Wrote: leotreves Wrote:
Biohazard Outbreak File 1 stutters a lot. It keeps destabilizing emulation speed quite often (like each 3 seconds or so)
Outbreak File 2 seems to be crashing whenever you join online rooms.

I Think I've found the cause of the performance issues
However, I've not been able to replicate the crash as of yet (I've only tried joining empty rooms so far).
I'm assuming you are using OPL to launch File 2, is this correct?
Hey man, Happy new year!
Actually the File 2 crash was reported to me by a friend. The File 1 performance issue I felt myself.
And yes I use OPL to launch both files.
(01-04-2018, 12:55 AM)leotreves Wrote: Hey man, Happy new year!
Actually the File 2 crash was reported to me by a friend. The File 1 performance issue I felt myself.
And yes I use OPL to launch both files.

Happy new year!

Can you test the attached build to see if it fixes your performance issue.

The build also has a minor bug fix, although I don't think it will affect File 2 crash

Attached Files
.7z   CLR_DEV9_test.7z (Size: 61,2 KB / Downloads: 196)
Hi everyone, i have problem with dev9 with Resident evil outbreak :file 2.. At the begin , i had problem with Protocol ip ( can't connect ,  udp 53, i even unlock the port to my router)...  now i got an endless loading screen and ,after that, i see a korean message ( i guess it means i can't connect to the server or no response from the server ) . On my pcsx2 console,it still saying that i'm having problem with the udp port, Error 11000-11001. thanks in advance

this is the log file :

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 9,64 KB / Downloads: 276)
(01-04-2018, 09:49 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Happy new year!

Can you test the attached build to see if it fixes your performance issue.

The build also has a minor bug fix, although I don't think it will affect File 2 crash
Hey, sorry about the late reply. I tested the plugin on both File 1 and File 2. Game runs normally but load times are the same as the previous versions.
V0.8.1
Fix performance regression in v0.8.0.

(This release was massively delayed and I apologies for that)
(01-20-2018, 06:12 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: V0.8.1
Fix performance regression in v0.8.0.

(This release was massively delayed and I apologies for that)

Awesome! Gonna test it tonight
Plugin is working fine as expected Laugh
Been testing 0.6.4, 0.7.0, and 0.8.1 of CLR_DEV9 via .hack//FRAGMENT and have been running into some connection issues in certain scenarios. This is leveraging the "netslum" project modifications available here http://fragment.dothackers.org.

With all three versions I can connect to servers hosted outside of my local network via their public IPv4 address. When I try to connect to a server running locally on the same machine running the emulator, I can connect to it only with version 0.6.4. When I try on versions 0.7.0 or 0.8.1 I get a "Disconnected error 1001" pretty much immediately.

With the game comes server software that you run on a windows machine that listens on port 20000 by default.

I've created some logs of the various plugin versions where I first try to connect to the locally running server, and then try to connect on a remote server(port 20001 in that case I think).

I'd be happy to attach more logs/debugs as needed, just need to know what to run and where.

Thanks for all the effort on this plugin, makes messing with the network side of emulation much less of a hassle.

Attached Files
.txt   log_064.txt (Size: 29,75 KB / Downloads: 251)
.txt   log_070.txt (Size: 34,06 KB / Downloads: 96)
.txt   log_081.txt (Size: 34,21 KB / Downloads: 162)
.txt   DEV9_CLR_081.txt (Size: 739 bytes / Downloads: 116)
.txt   DEV9_CLR_070.txt (Size: 739 bytes / Downloads: 107)
.txt   DEV9_CLR_064.txt (Size: 1,13 KB / Downloads: 95)