[Experimental] Winsock based DEV9 plugin (Now with HDD Support)
(01-29-2018, 10:08 PM)survient Wrote: Been testing 0.6.4, 0.7.0, and 0.8.1 of CLR_DEV9 via .hack//FRAGMENT and have been running into some connection issues in certain scenarios. This is leveraging the "netslum" project modifications available here http://fragment.dothackers.org.

With all three versions I can connect to servers hosted outside of my local network via their public IPv4 address. When I try to connect to a server running locally on the same machine running the emulator, I can connect to it only with version 0.6.4. When I try on versions 0.7.0 or 0.8.1 I get a "Disconnected error 1001" pretty much immediately.

In the DEV9 plugin options, go into Ethernet options and untick "PC IP" (using 0.8.1), then hit Apply.

That should fix your issue.

Sponsored links

(01-30-2018, 12:03 AM)Ge-Force Wrote: In the DEV9 plugin options, go into Ethernet options and untick "PC IP" (using 0.8.1), then hit Apply.

That should fix your issue.

Thanks @Ge-Force, that fixed it. Not seeing any further problems aside from the occasional warning in the emulator console logs. Will keep an eye out for your next release to test.
Hi,

I tried to run FFXI (I know it's not supposed to work anymore, but I wanted to see how far it goes anyway). I got an exception when trying to test the connection, right before the DNAS check.
I don't expect the game to work anytime soon, but I thought the error could interest you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-25-2018, 03:52 PM)Kaeril Wrote: Hi,

I tried to run FFXI (I know it's not supposed to work anymore, but I wanted to see how far it goes anyway). I got an exception when trying to test the connection, right before the DNAS check.
I don't expect the game to work anytime soon, but I thought the error could interest you.

Can you provide the CLR_DEV9.log file.
Hey there, I've been playing some RE: Outbreak recently and find myself running into this error at times. When I'm lucky I can get 3-4 back to back games going but sometimes this error happens right at the beginning of the first one.

I'm not sure if the PCSX2 Program log is the Dev9 Log, but the last message I got before the error showed up was this.

clear_rbuf() : Keyboard 0 is not connected.
CLR_DEV9:Winsock Information: 8 : Creating New TCP Connection with Dest Port 8200
CLR_DEV9:TCPSession Error: 11200 : Attempt to Connect to an operning Port

I've attached pictures of the current setup I'm running.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

The Dev9 log is a file called "DEV9_CLR.log" created "Documents\PCSX2\logs" (and is reset on each run)

In your case CMSama, the error message already has the most useful information that would get logged.

At first look, I suspect this to be a race condition that triggers the error, working on a potential fix.
@CMSama

Can you try the attached build to see if it fixes your issue?
Thumbs Up 
(02-28-2018, 09:20 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: @CMSama

Can you try the attached build to see if it fixes your issue?

So I've been trying the build over the last 2 days and I've not come across the error anymore. I'll keep using it and report again in a couple of days or once I run into any issues. Thanks for the hard work Ge-Force, much appreciated!
So I tried out the Dev9 you pasted GeForce and I just came across this error message here.
Hope this helps.

I'm assuming you got that error when logging in?

If that is the case then this build should fix it.