[Experimental] Winsock based DEV9 plugin (Now with HDD Support)
(12-07-2015, 05:07 AM)prafull Wrote: Looks like you forgot to attach/link to the plugin here.

Whoops

Attached now, the uploading system on this forum always catches me out...

Sponsored links

(12-06-2015, 11:18 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Experimental HDD Support.

Based on the source code of MegaDev9, with a varitly of changes, fixes and additions.

HDD Support is experimental, so not everything will work.

But know you can boot games in HDDLoader in PCSX2!

Oh wow that's sick. I need to get out my FFXI disc and see if it proceeds to install now. Before it was stuck because of HDD.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
    @ge-force you need to make a catch for an exception for when the disk doesn't have enough space to create the HDD so that pcsx2 doesn't crash.
Or at least add some sort of check before hand to prevent this exception from happening.

Also PCSX2 no longer crashes on fresh install with this plugin However ethernet options are still not configurable as the options button does nothing.
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHz (Overclock 3.7GHz)
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM
(12-08-2015, 04:53 PM)Kamijou Touma Wrote: @ge-force you need to make a catch for an exception for when the disk doesn't have enough space to create the HDD so that pcsx2 doesn't crash.
Or at least add some sort of check before hand to prevent this exception from happening.

Also PCSX2 no longer crashes on fresh install with this plugin However ethernet options are still not configurable as the options button does nothing.

Noted,

Lack of options for Ethernet are expected as there is no config form for this yet.

Tried this out with FFXI and PlayOnline using my copy of Vana'diel Collections 2008. Definitely getting a lot closer than with any previous dev9 plugins. 

I was able to create a 40GiB image, format the HDD with the utility disc and get PlayOnline to boot. Before it starts installing files to HDD, it does a check at which point it fails DNAS authentication. I feel like if it could get past this, there's a good chance it would install POL, FFXI, and possibly even load into the game.
Did you patch the DNAS on your disc?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-30-2015, 09:20 AM)Maestrobob Wrote:  

Tried this out with FFXI and PlayOnline using my copy of Vana'diel Collections 2008. Definitely getting a lot closer than with any previous dev9 plugins. 

I was able to create a 40GiB image, format the HDD with the utility disc and get PlayOnline to boot. Before it starts installing files to HDD, it does a check at which point it fails DNAS authentication. I feel like if it could get past this, there's a good chance it would install POL, FFXI, and possibly even load into the game.

I'm surprised you got the HDD utility working. I couldn't get it working on my end for some reason.

As for the POL error. Sony's official HDD implemented a security command to verify it as a sony HDD. In the plugin, I return zeros, however I'm not sure what value this is intended to return. This might possible be the cause of the issue, or the POL error might be related to something completely different.
(12-31-2015, 01:38 AM)refraction Wrote: Did you patch the DNAS on your disc?

Yes - I should have mentioned this in my original post. I attempted to patch both the Vana'diel Collection disc (SLUS 21704) and the original POL install disc (SCUS 97269) with WinDIP and Disc ID Insertor. WinDIP finds the IOPRP.IMG but then returns "ERROR: The Image File is not DN*S enabled or uses an unsupported version!" when verifying version. The other app tells me the IOPRP doesn't contain DNAS.

Unless I'm missing something from what I've researched so far, it doesn't seem like anyone has successfully patched DNAS for POL/FFXI yet. To make things more complicated it looks like there might be DNAS on the HDD that has to be patched as well.
Yeah that would complicate things, I don't think there's a way to patch them like that unless you can figure out a way to pull the file off the hdd image, patch it, then replace it.

what you "might" be able to do, if you can run ps2ftp with that enabled, maybe you could copy it out (there is a USB driver with mass storage support), then modify it and ftp it back, that could work!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Any news about this plugin?

Hope the HDD install and network play will work in the sametime.