Extreme lagging
I have tried everything to try and make my Pcsx2 to run, but every time I do, it lags to the point I can't play. Lagging meaning the intro runs smoothly and when the game starts to play the fps go down immensely.

I used all the latest version & plugins etc. but all end up the same.

My system specs if necessary are as follows:

Windows 7 Professional, Version 6.1.7600, , 64 Bit.
Memory (RAM): 4GB
CPU Info: AMD Phenom™ 9150e Quad-Core Processor
CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Sponsored links

Quote:CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
This is your main problem. With the recommended processor speed for PCSX2 being 3,2 Ghz, your clock speed is too slow for most games.
Use 0.9.7 beta and try some easy to run games like these:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-09-2010, 08:09 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
This is your main problem. With the recommended processor speed for PCSX2 being 3,2 Ghz, your clock speed is too slow for most games.
Use 0.9.7 beta and try some easy to run games like these:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate

If I were to upgrade from what I currently have, to say a duo core processor, would that work? Or would I have to stick with a quad core processor. Assuming it's 3.2Ghz...

PCSX2 only uses 2 cores only, so a quad core would be marginally faster than a dual core, just because the extra 2 threads could handle the windows stuff. Yeah if you changed your processor to something around 3,2 Ghz you'd see a huge difference, but since you have an AMD processor, you'd also have to change your motherboard to use an Intel one, which would be practically changing your whole PC...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-09-2010, 08:39 AM)FatFurball Wrote: If I were to upgrade from what I currently have, to say a duo core processor, would that work? Or would I have to stick with a quad core processor. Assuming it's 3.2Ghz...

Check if your motherboard supports Athlon II or Phenom II then it would be a great upgrade and as bositman said, the performance from dual to quad is not that great as far as PCSX2 is concerned.

And yes as soon as your motherboard supports it you can go from quad to dual core without a problem.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64