Extremely high gpu usage no matter what settings.
I didn't say these are what are causing the problem, I am trying to narrow down the possibilities of bad settings.

But I will humor you:
Shade boost when enabled and without having altered it's configuration does nothing (and it's used to change color hues, nothing to do with graphical enhancement)
FX shader also needs to be configured from the .fx file, not sure what the defaults are and it's not working for the OpenGL renderer ( https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/556 )
Anisotropic seems to work ok, it's MSAA that doesn't on OpenGL so that's fine.

So do allow me to know a bit better than you Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(07-14-2015, 01:51 PM)Bositman Wrote: I didn't say these are what are causing the problem, I am trying to narrow down the possibilities of bad settings.

But I will humor you:
Shade boost when enabled and without having altered it's configuration does nothing (and it's used to change color hues, nothing to do with graphical enhancement)
FX shader also needs to be configured from the .fx file, not sure what the defaults are and it's not working for the OpenGL renderer ( https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/556 )

I wasn't trying to say i know more just that i am informed on these features. I like to have shade boost on so i can make changes to the hues when i need to. I use .fx shaders for d3d like 5XBR because it smooths 2d textures a bit without full texture filtering being checked, which causes a lot of issues on 2d games. Since the fx shaders don't work for opengl then it's not causing any harm and that way i don't have to re check the option each time i switch to d3d hw. I never use MSAA because a lot of games don't like it. The image i provided in the post at 11:35am before you asked me which games i had tested shows the settings you listed off. I love this emulator and appreciate the hard work you guys do Smile
afaik shadeboost and fxaa shader dont work on OpenGL currently and MSAA doesn't either.

you will probably find one of the "accurate" options is the cause of your slowdown with the CRC level down as especially with Accurate Blend, they can be quite heavy.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-14-2015, 02:29 PM)refraction Wrote: afaik shadeboost and fxaa shader dont work on OpenGL currently and MSAA doesn't either.

you will probably find one of the "accurate" options is the cause of your slowdown with the CRC level down as especially with Accurate Blend, they can be quite heavy.
Yes i know, they are just on for when i switch to d3d. Having them on in opengl won't cause issues since they don't even work. The accurate options on or off don't change the gpu load. Having only the crc hack level at partial or lower on it's own cause the insane load. Full and higher give normal gpu load.
(07-14-2015, 01:51 PM)Bositman Wrote: I didn't say these are what are causing the problem, I am trying to narrow down the possibilities of bad settings.

But I will humor you:

I tested the build you provided, no change. Every setting can be off but as long as crc hack level is at partial or lower gpu load is at 99% for games like the ones iv'e tested. 99% load with these settings look at image. Also core settings are at default.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)