F9 Fix
Hi,

I dont normally post for support, normally figure things out myself, but my mind is not as good as it used to be (bloody chemotherapy).

Ive got myself a new laptop, runs this amazingly, some games i notice have issues and found pressing F9 fixed the issue (having lines down the screen, or odd shapes).

But when I press F9 the resolution drops, my system is more than capable of running smoothly at 8x resolution for most games, tho i see little difference so for battery sake i run at 4x.

but when i press F9 it seems to run at PS2 resolution, is there a way to run at higher resolutions when i press F9 (when said game has any issues).

thanks, and accept my apologies again if this has already been covered, im not sure what it would fall under to search.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
F9 sets the game to software mode, which fixes a lot of issues, but it's really slow. If you have a problem with lines on the screen, try setting a custom resolution, something weird like 1650 x 900 or something. I had to do that to fix lines on Soul Calibur IV and Chaos Legion.

Certain games don't like 1080p custom or x2, x4 etc.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
some reason i cant reply, keeps telling me my post is too long, ive tried to delete as much as i can, in fact all text and still the same.

ahh its let me post that, so what is F9 enabling and is there any options to increase resolution for said mode.

also cant figure out this pnach cheat lark, so decided to start making my own codes using cheat engine (not sure if anyone else is doing this too)

heres some tonight i did for Extermination (been a while since making codes on emulators, been busy doing switch codes)
F9 - Software mode makes the cpu do all the work and since this makes the game requirements higher,not to make it even harder to keep full speed,in software mode,the resolution is locked to native and you can only use filters to make it look little better.
Resolution Scaling can case visual problems

And about the pnach part...I don't know what is so difficult to figure out,look at your screenshot

For example Infinite SPRP 4 Ammo
In pnach format you just to place the same address(this is pcsx2 specific)and value

patch=1,EE,the address,extended,the value but converted from decimal to hexadecimal

patch=1,EE,10813834,extended,000003E7
The first digit of the address
0 is used if the type is byte
1 if it's 2 bytes
2 if it's 4 bytes

3E7 is 999 in hexadecimal

And btw,the PS2 don't use float type codes,they all are integer

There are a lot of guides here explaining the same thing

And also,to make a pnach work,enable the cheats from the menu(it doesn't matter if you don't have any yet)and once you run the game,you will find a line in the console telling you what file and from where pcsx2 is trying to load it to load cheats(this includes the full path and the pnach name and extension)