FF 10-2 Config help
i have porblems playing the game. It runs fine 50 fps and above. but when i enter battle it starts lag when i use a black mage. I have fp[s limit on. and help on playing the game like its on a normal ps2?
SPECS
Windows 7 Home Premium
HP PC
Processor: AMD A10-5700 AU with RADEON HD GRAPHICS 3.40 GHz
RAM : 10
64 BIt operating system
Graphics card : AMD RADEON HD 7660D
Using PCSX2 1.00

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
im playing ff 10 2 on dvd ,
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
PCSX2 1.00
Not sure bout settings
There does tend to be a slight lag when the battle starts but usually it should correct itself. Black mage spells also tend to cause a high demand for a few seconds as well. This game does respond well to VU cycle stealing speedhack if you really insist.
is there anything i could do in the settings to help speed it up ? Like a normal ps2. I want that speed
(01-02-2013, 12:42 AM)earlpellican Wrote: is there anything i could do in the settings to help speed it up ? Like a normal ps2. I want that speed

Your computer is good for almost all PC games and should be good for PCSX2 emulated games also. The problem is the newest AMD CPUs aren't good dealing with light threaded applications, the Piledriver (to what your APU pertains is an enhancement over the bulldozer but still a problem there).

That means you must try speedhacks in many games, this specific game has issues with FMVs (the videos) and some animations which calls for software rendering and then the CPU show it's weakeness to single threaded applications.

As alteady advised above, speedhacks are the way to go, FF games commonly accept well speedhacks and you may see a huge improvement using VU cycle stealing at the 1 or 2 and if still having problems try advancing EE cyclerate to 1.

PS: You should get good results with the internal resolution set to 3x or some reasonable custom resolution, you may have problems if trying to use greater internal resolution values or post processing like MSAA and/or AA1, try disabling them if they are active.
Imagination is where we are truly real
With the speed hacks its fine, But theres one other prob. When i use a black mages FIRE , It really lowers the fps by 20/ Any help with that?
Can't really do anything about fire (or demi). It's just that demanding. FFX was just as bad with those 2 spells.