FF 12 corrupt FMV's
I havent seen this exact issue anywhere yet, so I thought id mention it. I am aware that of course beta versions are beta's, this issue may even already be fixed for all I know.

My machine: Q6800 3ghz 8gb DDR3 Corsair Dominator ram; Gforce 8800gt OC2 512mb; 2 Seagate 16 mb cache 7200 RPM 500 GB HD; SB Xifi Fatal1ty

Windows 7 build 7100

On the 0.9.6 release video is fine, game is near perfect for me. Occasional dips to the high 40's, but mostly a steady 55-60 FPS.

On Beta 1474 the video is all corrupted, almost like the dazed graphics effect on some old PS2 games. Game runs a bit faster, and sound skips less in this release. Everything perfect except video is corrupt.

I have tried playing with al the settings, speedhacks on off or some combination in between, fresh game, Etc. Oh and the wierd thing is intro movie is NOT corrupt, plays fine, whole way through, and the entire opening sequence seems fine. but once I get the Goddess Magacite, all the videos from that p[oint on so far are all corrupt. wierd.

Sponsored links

to be sure, simply press F9 whenever you have an FMV. It'll switch to software mode.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-14-2009, 12:53 AM)jesalvein Wrote: to be sure, simply press F9 whenever you have an FMV. It'll switch to software mode.

Software mode doesnt change anything, still have corrupt video. 0.9.6 is fine, the new beta is not. Dont know what the deal is, ive tried every configure option, with or without patches, etc.
Do you have 8-bit textures enabled?
(07-14-2009, 05:48 AM)GoldenX Wrote: Do you have 8-bit textures enabled?

Yes