FF X-2 Low fps/quality
Hi I have just got my new desktop with the following specs:

i7 [email protected]
3 x 2GB DDR3 1333MHz 7-7-7-20
ATI Radeon 5850
Intel X25-M 160G G2

This spec is better than most non-OC machines. However I only have below 40 fps in software mode with more than 3 threads, and incorrect rendering in hardware mode.

Can someone suggest me a configuration for FF X-2 please?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

i7 ? (quite fast eh )
What's your pcsx2 settings,version? Post some screenshots for the pcsx2 config.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
incorrect rendering in Hardware?
use GSDX had only one scene where something was missing (geometry at the youth league base)
and it's probably best if you use the latest beta ^^ of GSDX and Pcsx2 and SPU2 -X
also use the GSDX option x2 or x3 scaling(for better picture) and use F9 to switch to software in videos (else they are ***** up)

ah and DX10 is the way to go as I see it
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
hes using software, better use the hardware
OK it looks like I have found the cure.

First of all I OC'ed the i7 to 4.15GHz. Secondly for software mode I have to set #threads <=4. Thirdly for hardware mode I have to tick the "FFX Hack" option.

Now the game runs at solid 50 fps. (The rendering quality of hardware mode is a little better.)

However the resolution of the game is still kind low. Perhaps it's because I have watched too many FF13 720p videos.
(03-20-2010, 09:23 AM)sniper_sung Wrote: OK it looks like I have found the cure.

First of all I OC'ed the i7 to 4.15GHz. Secondly for software mode I have to set #threads <=4. Thirdly for hardware mode I have to tick the "FFX Hack" option.

Now the game runs at solid 50 fps. (The rendering quality of hardware mode is a little better.)

However the resolution of the game is still kind low. Perhaps it's because I have watched too many FF13 720p videos.

Nothing to do with that. Set the internal res as same as your monitor resolution
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G