FF X-2 problem
hello

I have a problem with FF X-2 when I try to run it , it boots fine until the PS2 logo and then it goes black screen its not freezing or anything. I have beaten FF X with no problems at all and run several games with no issues , I dont know what is causing this.
anyone can help me please? Sad

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Settings will be the most important thing to know... I learned the MSAA hack isn't very nice and it caused numerous black screens for me and that very well could be your problem.
Could also simply be a bad rip. Try extracting the ISO image from the dis again.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(08-04-2012, 04:17 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

My setup:
GPU: ATI HD 5770 1GB
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9400
4 GB of RAM

- the version I am using is 0.9.8 and I also tried the latest version 1.0.0 but same thing.
- everything is set to default
- I am trying to play it from ISO although I also tried to play it from DVD but same problem.

(08-04-2012, 05:25 AM)Amak Wrote: Settings will be the most important thing to know... I learned the MSAA hack isn't very nice and it caused numerous black screens for me and that very well could be your problem.

well I dont know which hack your talking about and how can I disable it?
First of all, you can start using version 1.0.0 and keep the old 0.9.8 as a fail safe backup...

In 1.0.0, MSAA hack can be found in GSdx settings dialog, inside HW hacks section..

While in 0.9.8, you need to add "allowhacks=1" inside gsdx.ini first for the MSAA option to be available...
(08-04-2012, 05:25 AM)Amak Wrote: Settings will be the most important thing to know... I learned the MSAA hack isn't very nice and it caused numerous black screens for me and that very well could be your problem.

thats because your drivers crashed. usually a sign of buggy drivers or a sign you need the hotfix that prevents a driver from crashing under heavy load.
Can you Boot CDVD (fast) and see if that works?
(08-04-2012, 10:57 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: thats because your drivers crashed. usually a sign of buggy drivers or a sign you need the hotfix that prevents a driver from crashing under heavy load.

Now you mention it, my drivers kept crashing... on 301.42 but I can try 304.something. Never hit me.

But this isn't about that. MSAA isn't the problem for OP (though thanks for helping with that Laugh). Tried what rama said and if no go, post your settings.
Tried to MSAA hack and it did nothing.

(08-04-2012, 11:47 AM)rama Wrote: Can you Boot CDVD (fast) and see if that works?

same problem Sad

sorry guys but I really want to play this game cuz I loved FFX.