FF XII Is there a way to save at any point?
I want to level up, but I don;'t want to die prematurely and I want to save before battles. Is there a way to do this with PCSX 2?

Sponsored links

yup.
use save states
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes,of course.PCSX2 can make savestates
jesalvein i was first! xD
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
I think I understand the question, Indeed I looked at codetwink for something as the "save anywhere" code but could not find it.

So the above answers are the way to go... just keep a coherent thinking, use the save states all the times, hardly they will be all corrupted but do not miss every chance to make an actual memorycard saving. That last is the only you can rely it having greater chance of surviving between emulator versions...

Besides there is a risk on sstates many does not understand the reason of getting troubles with them. The normal save is done on stats and general information the console uses to reinstate the point it left while the sstate is something like a snapshot of the memory. So it will perpetuate whatever cheat is current, something undesirable when the cheat is not meant to be used all the time. The difference is more clearly understood if thinking like: something that got corrupted in memory would disappear when loading fresh states from a memorycard while loading a sstate would bring again that corruption in it's bag, sum several of these and the final picture may be very ugly.

edit: highlighted to clarify the difference in mechanics between the sstate and the normal save
PS: Just as an example: entering a wrong cheat code (wrong addresses for instance) is almost aways a sstate killer when that would disappear when only the information from the actual disk/image and chosen (by the game code) infos are loaded from the memcard and the original addresses contents restored.

PS2: A lesson to learn from the above, seek to test cheats near a save point, avoid making a sstate until sure they are correct...

PS3: For that same reason I don't rely on saveanywhere cheats too, they may work but it may mean the game code may be lost about what to actually save...

A final hint: It's a good practice to create a fresh sstate every time the game is loaded from a memcard, that is to grant it is the cleanest possible, for the same reason the game should be normal saved when finishing a game session every time it's possible and loaded from it in the new session. Not always possible but should be done at least in a regular fashion (notice it's not enough to make the normal save and the sstate without actually reloading from that normal save).
Imagination is where we are truly real
How do I use save states?
F1 to save
F2 to switch slots
F3 to load current slot
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You can also find as far as 10 slots in System -> Save(/Load) states.
If you use Pcsx2, then you must use save states, that's one of the best features coded for emus Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(07-19-2010, 08:01 AM)Butz_san Wrote: If you use Pcsx2, then you must use save states, that's one of the best features coded for emus Smile

Yes, but I advise reading that long and boring former post of mine... Its not only for cheating but reduces any type of possible memory corruption and it's valid not only for emulators but for most quick saves on PC games too. Save states are marvelous to use in a same game session one could/should use it after any major event/battle, but should not be used as a substitute for normal saves.

Not small number of issues in games posted in forums could be tracked down to instances of corrupted memory in certain parts of the game and perpetuated in quick saves (and sstates in the emu case). Such things tends to grown and accumulate over time too.
It's important to understand I'm not telling the sstate feature is ill implemented, actually it's very well done. A quick save/sstate does NOT introduces corruption in the game as many believe but can perpetuate any error the game engine itself create and put on the memory.