FF XII Optimization
Hello all, just made an ISO of my FFXII disc and gave it a go, but I'm noticing a few slowdowns already - particularly in the first playable zone (tutorial), turning in one direction drops me to about 45 fps. I've been running FFX @ 3X native for the last few days with no slowdown issues whatsoever, so I figured I'd give this game a go on the same settings.

At this point its pretty obvious that I'm going to need to mess around with a few settings, but I was curious what I needed to do. I'm using version 1.1.0.5766 with all default settings except MTVU (on) and MVU(off), with audio set to async mix for synchronization.

I have an i7-2670QM (2.2-3.0 ghz)
GT555M 3 gb
and 8 gigs of ram.

I've been trying to run the game at 3X native but I'll downscale that if I must.

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored links

Drop to 2x or even native and you should be better off.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Try dropping the resolution first.

Why MVU off?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I saw in a thread somewhere that FFX benefits with MVU off, which was working fine for me and that's what I've been playing the past few days.
Try putting it on. I know it works fine with FFXII and it will get you some speed.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Ok, so I got the framerate to 57-58 during the slowdowns by lowering resolution to 1600X900 which is an acceptable resolution. Is there any way that I can squeeze a bit more performance out of it?
Did you turn on MVU?

You could use throttlestop to lock your CPU at turbo frequency, but that's at your own risk.
Yeah I did turn on MVU, and that seems to have helped, thanks. Not sure I'm willing to mess with my CPU, so I'll try playing and see if its playable for me. Thanks again.
You'll have better performance using the 2x or 3x settings rather than a custom one I think. Eases scaling power needed.
The op needs to use less than 3x scaling because they are using and IGPU.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]