FF XII (PAL, NTSC, JAP) [BUG REPORT AND FIX]
Hey all me again so I'm back with a bug report AND a fix for FF XII (NTSC and PAL and JAP)

now for all you windows/mac user's with a Nvidea (idk which) or a ATI Radeon 2000,4000's you'll know there is a bug where the fps gets sooooo slow at like 15 fps and gets slower in Rabanastre SO follow these steps exactly or just follow the screen shot at the bottom okay?

1. go and switch your graphics plugin to ZeroGS 0.97.1

2. tick the xenosaga hacks (yes including the first one) and the FF X and the Speed Hack for Kingdom Hearts this will give you a moderate FPS at around 50 FPS also you can toy around with the CPU thing in configure anyways the ONLY problem with this is the textures on the ground lol i haven't fixed that yet but I will.

have fun and keep the emulation alive!
[Image: ragnaroc444isroxast.png]

Sponsored links

Er, FFXII is one of the best emulated games. I can run it at a 1080p internal res with full FPS. I'm guessing your PC isn't all that fast?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
lol i always run 900p (1600x900 screen) i never have any issues with it on my GT130M
[Image: 1454055.png]
you seriously post switching to zerogs for ff12 as a "bug-fix"? gsdx works fine with this game on my radeon hd4870 @ 1920x1080, no idea why someone would like to use zerogs with such a compatible game. gsdx is not without a reason the recommended gfx plugin currently.

no problem in suggesting configuration settings for certain games, but masking them as "bug-reports"/"fixes" is not a good thing. and if you really want to help other users, please make sure you don't waste their time with rather useless suggestions like this.

and please read the posting guidelines of the bug-report subsection of this forum to learn what a proper bug-report looks like. oh, and include your specs next time or all fps values you give are meaningless.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
but ZeroGS is so ugly.....
Well actually im on my imac 24 inch here's my specs

grafix card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO (it's a 1000p)

ram: 4.0 gb
vram: 1gb

it's 3.5 ghz

and it's a Intel Core 2 Duo it's a DDR2 SDRAM and it's got 2000 mhz

i tired with only ZeroGS because when i use GSdx it's only a black screen but the game is going... but could i run my games sooo much faster with that!? hmm... does MGS2 SoL run well if it does i could just save it and then switch the plugin so i can play? anyways i'll just check it out...

EDIT 1: it's on pcsx2 0.9.6

weird...

have fun and keep the emulation alive!
[Image: ragnaroc444isroxast.png]
ragnaroc, your hardware is a little slow for PCSX2, not terribly slow, just a little slow. Your CPU is very nice, but your GPU lags behind in the performance department.... by a lot.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Well, no wonder GSDx does nothing for you. Macs don't have directX.

The Mac port is different from the regular Windows PCSX2, so don't post "fixes" for such a tiny percentage of the user base...
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(09-13-2009, 04:34 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Well, no wonder GSDx does nothing for you. Macs don't have directX.

The Mac port is different from the regular Windows PCSX2, so don't post "fixes" for such a tiny percentage of the user base...

Do you know anything about Macs? It isn't that hard to install Windows and use bootcamp to get all the drivers installed. This is for talking about PCSX2 on Windows so stop trolling. If this was for the mac port, it would be in the Mac PCSX2 discussion.
zomg anger