FF12 keyboard controls not working properly
Hi, i just recently started using the PCSX2 emulator to start playing some of my old PS2 games that I never really got around to playing/trying, and some work well, such as FF10, and others have some problems functioning properly such as Baldur's gate 2: Dark Alliance (continuous half screen), but the one particular game I want to try and get functioning properly right now is FF12. All of my PS2 games I am using the original discs for, i dont know if it would help if i were to convert to an ISO format, maybe not, idk.

Now, dont have a currently working PS2, or PS2 contoller (long since broken), so trying to fix any issues i have encountered with the PCSX2 emulator. Sorry for my ramble, so ok the issue is...

Basically, I use PCSX2 emulator and my original final fantasy 12 disc, it works, everything seems to go fine... but then...

I find that the movement buttons are not functioning sometimes, or more specifically, i start moving my character and i can move him fine, including the camera, the issue is when i go into a menu or need to scroll down (or up, or any which way) i cannot. The movement keys wont respond at all when in any menu that i need to select an option aside from the one that is up the top and the the first one available which also means i cannot save as it requires me to move up and confirm the option.

I admit to not knowing a great deal about this emulator, I used the Snes 9x emulator (for super nintendo games) back in the day, but this is the first emulator on PC i have used in years, so any help would be appreciated please.

If it helps, the controller plugin i am currently operating is:
Lilypad svn 0.11.0

Sponsored links

It's not about knowing emu or not, you apparently doesn't know this game. In FFXII menus are controlled only with d-pad, while character movement is with left analog. >.> So by trying to use movement keys in menus you're just using wrong keys. That's all.
(07-17-2013, 05:20 PM)miseru99 Wrote: It's not about knowing emu or not, you apparently doesn't know this game. In FFXII menus are controlled only with d-pad, while character movement is with left analog. >.> So by trying to use movement keys in menus you're just using wrong keys. That's all.

ok, i get really annoyed when someone accuses another of just not knowing a game or outlining their ignorance when they post instead of just assisting with the issue. In any case, it did get me thinking, and so I went back and relooked at the button configuration and key bindings i had used and much to my own stupidity i realised that i had set what i had initially intended to be used for the D-Pad controls were mistakenly set to one of the analog sticks.

So, overall, i may not have liked the response, but i was able to solve something small and stupid i had done due to it.
(07-17-2013, 05:32 PM)mjtonks Wrote: ok, i get really annoyed when someone accuses another of just not knowing a game or outlining their ignorance when they post instead of just assisting with the issue.

whoa, calm down...
Miseru said you "apparently" don't know this game, and then gave you the support you were looking for.

No problem here...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Pff sorry for taking everything soo personal, or wait I'm not;p it's your issue.
If you don't know the game controls how saying you don't know it is bad anyway? And how pointing that makes me an ignorant?Tongue LOL.