FF12 slow frame rate but fast rig
Hi All

I've been searching through the forum about final fantasy 12 and the fact that its a resource hog. But most of the rigs I see are slower than mine yet my fps dips to 40-45 regularly. here's my rig

amd athalon x2 6400 3.2 ghz
6gig ddr2
ati 4870

I'm pretty sure my rig has some bite but correct me if I'm wrong. I do have the recommend speed hacks enabled. I'm using GSdx9 v0.11-4 on native resolution as well.

Sponsored links

(03-17-2011, 02:34 AM)ecoh419 Wrote: GSdx9 v0.11-4

Whats with the VERY old plugin?
Your pc should be able to play ffxii at fullspeed maybe an occational minor speed loss. Try the latest beta(unless already using it, but looking at your plugin you are not) with the latest plugins.

Edit: You can find it in the downloads section of the forum.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Public-beta-builds
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
just don't abuse the internal resolution and try the speedhacks (only a bit should be enough in this case) and you'll get steady full fps.

Edit: Oh my, i didn't even see how old it was, I should know because long ago GSDX was integrated, there is not such thing as gsdx9 or 10 anymore Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
I copied the version down wrong, here it is

gdsx 3639 (mscv 15.00, sse2) 0.1.16)
Then we need to see more of your settings, post all of your settings/plugins/version. Screenshots preferrably.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

(03-17-2011, 02:53 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: Then we need to see more of your settings, post all of your settings/plugins/version. Screenshots preferrably.

here yah go

(03-17-2011, 02:59 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?

Whoa! Bad setting on the EE and VU cycle settings. Put them in the middle at least if you're using speedhacks...
okay done on the EE and VU settings. after I change settings is it good to reboot the emu pcsx2 or can I just shut down and re load the iso?

Edit: no noticeable change btw still dips to 47 fps during that fight in the screen shot also here are the other settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Untick the "Enable CDVD fast" it may break things for not meaningful gain (mainly if running from ISO).

The EE and VU sliders are the ones that can make things better... or break the game totally. Use with care, the less that produces acceptable performance, the better. They are the (in)famous necessary evil.

PS: what brings out the question: are you using ISO and not running from the original DVD, right?

You should be able to run GSDX in DX 10, if not, you may need to update the DirectX.
Imagination is where we are truly real