FF12 - strange lagging for 1-2 secs
Hi there!

Basically FF12 runs flawlessly for me but every now and then there is a strange lag where the sound gets stretched for a second or two and then runs faster than before again for just a second. Quite irritating.

What is this? Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot for help! Smile

Sponsored links

(05-05-2014, 05:54 PM)kicker04 Wrote: Hi there!

Basically FF12 runs flawlessly for me but every now and then there is a strange lag where the sound gets stretched for a second or two and then runs faster than before again for just a second. Quite irritating.

What is this? Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot for help! Smile

Yes, one recommendation for now: by all means tell us what are your machine specs!!! may it be you are trying to run the game on a Pentium III or Athlon XP Laugh (just kidding, but knowing your machine is a must).

Edit: to spare time, tell which speedhacks are you using, if doing it at all.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz
Nvidia Gefore 8600m GT
4 GB RAM

I have INTC wait loop detection and the other wait loop thingy. Don't know the corresponding translation, sorry.

Smile
(05-05-2014, 06:38 PM)kicker04 Wrote: Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz
Nvidia Gefore 8600m GT
4 GB RAM

I have INTC wait loop detection and the other wait loop thingy. Don't know the corresponding translation, sorry.

Smile

Oh my, that CPU is way too old and it's architecture is far less efficient than the new iX core.

You might experience problems in crowded places, like cities and such even if abusing the speedhacks.

For now try the EE cyclerate and VU cyclestealing the highest you can before the game getting totally out of sync. The goal is to reach around 60 FPS (if NTSC version of the game) or 50FPS if PAL.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-05-2014, 06:51 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Oh my, that CPU is way too old and it's architecture is far less efficient than the new iX core.

You might experience problems in crowded places, like cities and such even if abusing the speedhacks.

For now try the EE cyclerate and VU cyclestealing the highest you can before the game getting totally out of sync. The goal is to reach around 60 FPS (if NTSC version of the game) or 50FPS if PAL.

I have the PAL version and continuously around 50 fps without speedhacks at all. Weird... This sound issue is crazy.
I am running FF12 (PAL) with similar specs. Except for some places it is a very light game.
Still if you can overclock it would improve.

What are your GS% and EE% readings in the titlebar using windowed mode during lags?

Could it be that your cpu/gpu is overheating and throttling? When was the last time you cleaned your fans? Do you have a tool to record the temperatures?

Are you using an iso or directly the disk?
If first: Have you ever faced problems with your harddrive (the one where the iso sits or the one where pcsx2 is)?
if second: What happens if you make an image using imgburn?