Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFX-2 Cutscene Error
When playing FFX-2, in the very first cutscene it is already having a problem playing the game. The cutscene looks as if you're trying to look at it thorough closed blinds :

Screenshot

I have tried enabling the 'FFX videos fix' in the game fixes but it had no effect. Is there any way to fix this problem at the time being?
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)

Sponsored links

Are you trying using scaling. Show us the GSDX settings.
I'm using custom scaling to 1920 x 1080 which is my native resolution.

I have now tried using original PS2 resolution in the GSDX10 settings , and with or without the FFX gamefix the result is the same, only now it has removed the lines and choppiness. The image flashing, dim brightness, and the lower half being gone has not changed.

Edit : Settings Screenshot

Also, the logger says 2.5Ghz because Windows doesn't detect the overclocking which I was already warned about by Origin and apparently I'd have to download certain programs to see it, haha.

Known bug, not solved , yet. Use software mode.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(09-17-2011, 12:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Known bug, not solved , yet. Use software mode.

Sounds to me like an FFX-2 videos fix needs to be developed then, haha. Good luck!

Or you can just use software mode for the 5-6 videos the whole game has Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-17-2011, 01:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: Or you can just use software mode for the 5-6 videos the whole game has Tongue

Where is that exactly? I can't seem to find it.

Edit : Nevermind, I just realized you meant to use Direct3D11 in software mode, nevermind I'm a bit oblivious to the obvious once in a while. By the way, what is better, Direct3D11 or SDL1.3? Sorry, I just don't know much about that stuff anymore because I stopped keeping up so much. I only keep up with hardware news these days.

Edit 2 : Considering my processor, how many rendering threads should I use?

Use DX11. You can use 3 threads, maybe try 4 or 5.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-17-2011, 02:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: Use DX11. You can use 3 threads, maybe try 4 or 5.

Okay, thanks guys.

DirectX is an interface used to working with the GPU. Software rendering means using CPU to render to the screen. What is the "DirectX (software)" anyway?
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60