FFX-2 Graphics Plugin (What plugin should i use?)
Ok so i know this is a problem alot of people have been having. I have read thred after thred trying to get this game to run corectly and i finaly broke down and registered so i could post this question...

What GS plugin should i use to play FFX-2 and with what settings?

This question is for any one that has this game working perfectly on there PC.

===Specs===
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60 GHz
2.00 GB (RAM)
Windows 7 (32bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
====EMU====
PCSX2 0.9.7
GS - GSdx10 (works for FFX but epic fail on FFX-2)
PAD - SSSPSX PAD Pressure Mod 1.71
SPU2 - SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0
CDVD - Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
2.00 GB (RAM)
Windows 7 (32bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
[Image: alphaomega2ey2.gif]

Sponsored links

what exacftly is your problem ?
a screenshot would help
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Bug 
(11-08-2010, 11:53 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what exacftly is your problem ?
a screenshot would help

My problem is when i run the game with GSdx10 the movie scenes split in half with a black bar down the middle and i can see the movie screen 2x squashed. One below and one above. Here is a screen shot. Allso the movie flickers Dark/Light realy bad. The slow graphics lag i expect to be normal but this is not. I included my settings in the screen shot below.
[Image: splitscreen.jpg]
[Image: settingse.jpg]
2.00 GB (RAM)
Windows 7 (32bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
You are using an ancient version of GSdx, you should use the one included in the 0.9.7 beta release and press F9 to switch to software renderer to see the FFX-2 videos properly.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-08-2010, 01:04 PM)Bositman Wrote: You are using an ancient version of GSdx, you should use the one included in the 0.9.7 beta release and press F9 to switch to software renderer to see the FFX-2 videos properly.

(Software) runs slower dose it not?
A technical explination of the diffrent renders would be nice so i know what each one is.

Allso should i use SSSE3 or SSE2? Or dose it realy mater?
2.00 GB (RAM)
Windows 7 (32bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
with that CPU, I recommend SSSE3 (even SSE4 ?)
software mode runs slower, but with it, the FMVs will render normally (even if they will be slow)
Once the fmv finished, switch back to hardware mode with F9 key
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-09-2010, 12:40 AM)jesalvein Wrote: with that CPU, I recommend SSSE3 (even SSE4 ?)
software mode runs slower, but with it, the FMVs will render normally (even if they will be slow)
Once the fmv finished, switch back to hardware mode with F9 key

Then i have a question... Why is it no one has thought to combine both the hardware & software rendering into one plugin? Or has any one tryed it yet? Basicly so the game uses both hardware & software at the same time. It would make things alot simpler if it could be done.
2.00 GB (RAM)
Windows 7 (32bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
I'm sure many people have thought about it, implementing it however is not that simple matter I believe and it's just much more simple like this since you barely ever need software mode except for some games, for example this game only really needs you to use software for the FMVs so press F9 when one starts and press it again when it's finished so you go back to hardware, if you don't care about the FMVs you can just use hardware all the time and skip them.

The best thing would be to find a way to fix whatever it is that makes it look bad in hardware and stop relying on the software renderer no? but devs could have probably do it by now if it was so easy Tongue
Oh and BTW while playing the FMVs on that game it doesn't matter if you use hardware or software, they'll be just as slow.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-09-2010, 01:14 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: I'm sure many people have thought about it, implementing it however is not that simple matter I believe and it's just much more simple like this since you barely ever need software mode except for some games, for example this game only really needs you to use software for the FMVs so press F9 when one starts and press it again when it's finished so you go back to hardware, if you don't care about the FMVs you can just use hardware all the time and skip them.

The best thing would be to find a way to fix whatever it is that makes it look bad in hardware and stop relying on the software renderer no? but devs could have probably do it by now if it was so easy Tongue
Oh and BTW while playing the FMVs on that game it doesn't matter if you use hardware or software, they'll be just as slow.

I do have one other question. When i use hardware mode for rendering, it uses my graphics card (GPU) to do the rendering corect? So whats it use when i am using the software rendering?Tongue
2.00 GB (RAM)
Windows 7 (32bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Um what setting do i need to use? I know that F9 will switch it from Hardware to software ingame but what should i use for default?
[Image: settings2.jpg]
-bump-
2.00 GB (RAM)
Windows 7 (32bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250